Question of the Day, Saturday the 27th of November, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello, the last Saturday of November 2021!!

Tell us about a perfect day you've had. You can have as many as you want to share

Mine occured when I was living in Ft Lauderdale. It was Presidents Day and I had the day off. My bf and I went to a French restaurant for lunch. Not fancy but one of the best steaks I ever had. We then took his boat out..you could dock your boat at the condos where he lived. It was beautiful that day. We went up and down the intracoastal and I worked on my tan. A bit later we stopped at Shooters and had some drinks and snacks still on the intracoastal. We met up with friends and had dinner at Harrison's on the water. It was getting dark so we went down one of the canals. He cut the engine and pointed; beside us was a huge mama manatee and her baby.

Perfect day for me, good food, good company and seeing mama manatee.and baby

Please share one of yours or more

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be perfect, it would have to be a day without my mother in it!

Probably when I was living an hour from here and had my own apartment. One time my friends threw a bday dinner for me at a restaurant. My first bday party ever since I was a child. That was pretty special.

Also, my friend was in a band and he used to take me with them to their gigs. That was a lot of fun. A night of dancing and music.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jan 2003 finally gave my cdc number back my little sister took me out to eat prime rib at the lawrys in pasadena with a girl i was dating(now current gf) for my birthday best prime rib ever tender enough to cut with a fork. month of sept2003 (gf knows exact day :biggrin:)finally figured out this is the girl i want for my life confessed my love for her asked her to be mine:shocked:18 years later she is still proving to be the best choice i have ever made in my life everyday. pic is of usafter eating thanksgiving dinner at my aunts :lol: yes i was full and sleepy

Attachments

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How about something with my dad and me? I was sitting at the table, having coffee with my Mom and Dad. Mom said she wanted the rooms in the house repainted. Dad looked at me and said, "What days are you off work next week?" I told him and he said, "OK! Get here at 6 and we'll start!" Well, OK then!

Dad and I had a blast. Rick had gone up at night and they moved all the furniture, then they washed down walls prior, so all we had to do was paint. We had a good time, just hanging out together. We talked, Dad told me jokes. While we were painting, Mom was working on dinner for us and, when Rick got off work, he just came to my parents' house. It took us two days to do the whole house (the kitchen and dining room were papered; my sister and I had done that when they were in Florida as a surprise for them for a wedding anniversary). It was a good two days.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The day in '71 when I proposed to Michele and she said "Yes"
The day later in '71 when my enlistment was up and I slung my sea bag on my shoulder and headed home
Our wedding day- hot though it was
The day we (finally) bought our first house after 33 years of renting
The day we got the letter informing us that the house was paid for
The day when I went through the gate at work for the last time, with the last of my tools, heading into retirement

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of anything. I think one day that I had a really fun time, but not necessarily perfect, was in high school my physics class went to a theme park that was only open that day for high school physics students. All the other students from other schools had to do physics homework while at the park as well, but my teacher said to just have fun. So my best friend and I had a blast for one because there were almost no lines and two we went on a bunch of water rides even though it was mid-May and like 50*F out, so we were some of the very few going on water rides. It was just a fun day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The 2nd day we visited Disney World in Florida. We had spent the first day at Hollywood Studios and the 2nd was at the Magic Kingdom. We went with my mom and stepdad; who had a room near us at the resort. (They are probably the only people I can spend that much time with!) The whole week was great. DS was still young enough that we brought a stroller for him. It was November in Florida so not so hot; but we could still wear shorts.

I actually have a picture of this moment. DD is holding my Mom's hand. I had told Mom I wanted to get a picture of DD's reaction to seeing Cinderella's castle for the first time. And it was PERFECT!! Her chin hit the floor and her eyes were just as big as saucers. She was absolutely floored!! It was amazing!! We had been having fun; but at that moment; I knew it was worth every single penny!!

DS was really into Mickey Mouse at that age and so we were doing a lot of character meet and greets and getting autographs from them in little books. We had done a character dining experience the day before but of course none of the characters talk. So that day at the Magic Kingdom we went to see Mickey there. And that one is different! I didn't know ahead of time; but it was only one family in the room with Mickey at a time and he TALKS to you! Mickey talked to the kids. He played with them! DS was a riot in there! I was laughing so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes. The 2 cast people in there working were cracking up. It was truly hysterical and I still wish I would have known to take a video because the pictures are great; but a video would have been amazing! Again...worth every penny!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The day I first visited Disneyland, in Tokyo.
I became a child again, the "magic" was all over the place, and I was happy. :)

And the day I brought my family there, this time in Hongkong, seeing the kids' eyes widen with excitement and joy.
It was perfect. :)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had this lovely day during my trip to Ireland - Had a great breakfast, then went on a day tour to see historical sites, which included a castle, an old cemetery and stone age settlements. It was a small group and we all got along so well, the weather was lovely, the Irish and countryside and scenery was beautiful, befriended a friendly kitty during a lunch break, the tour guide was great. Very peaceful, interesting and content kind of day.