QUESTION OF THE DAY, Saturday the 22nd of January, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!! Again baby, it's cold outside here in Ohio, about 0 F!!

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of strong tea.

Do you like tea? coffee or both? Or not at all?

I like both but usually have tea. I like strong black tea with sugar and milk. I also drink herbal teas. Chamomile calms my belly.
I like toast with mine.

What do you like? Do you like to eat anything with yours? 🍵☕

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i mostly drink frappes cause they are really good and i get them when i do laundry , the mom in law treats me to them from starbucks

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when I eat out I'll have coffee but I'm in assisted living and I don't like their coffee. I never made it when I was at home. I'll have ice tea here once in awhile. When I was at home I would sometimes have a mug of Lipton tea, strong with sugar and plant based milk.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer coffee and have it with a little milk. I occasionally have espresso with steamed milk. I am okay with tea but usually have coffee.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I like both. Coffee in the morning, different kinds of caffeinated tea, like Assam, English Breakfast and Indian Chai throughout the day, caffeine free tea in the evening.

I'm currently drinking a Rooibos Strawberry and Vanilla with honey. It's good for my throat. I've taught a lot of kid's lessons today and my throat needs some help.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hot black coffee in the morning, year around
Cold, sweetened iced tea during the day, year around. Just regular Lipton tea.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iced tea, unsweetened in the summer, coffee with cream every day all day. I am definitely addicted. I dread my Dr. visits that require fasting, I get very irritated and jumpy. Just like that commercial on TV, "I gotta have coffee,......"

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have coffee every morning, with milk no sugar. I make it at home, I'm always baffled by people who buy coffee at a coffee shop every day. That's too expensive for my frugal soul. I drink tea on occasion, I like green tea and chamomile. I only drink coffee and tea hot. I tried the iced versions of them and I can't get into it.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drank black coffee for years- in the service you could have it hot and black or cold and black- but I gave it up almost 40 years ago because it gave me the yips. Since then, I drink tea, either plain black or Earl Grey. The only exception is if I have a sore throat I put honey and lemon juice in, but never milk or sugar.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both! Coffee with milk and sugar, hot or iced, and I love fancy coffeehouse drinks, but they're more treats than an everyday thing. I have at least two cups a day at home.

I only like tea hot. I usually put honey in it, and sometimes a bit of milk, especially for chai.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The only tea I like is Lemon Green Tea. As for coffee, I'm not really a fan, but I do love the Maxwell House Suisse Mocha and have a cup pretty much every day.

BTW, there's a Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022 thread where the topic is discussed on a daily basis. ☕

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink tea all the time. Mostly black and oolong and herbal. But not chai tea. I had that one time and it oddly made my throat swell a bit. Might have had a reaction to something in that particular chai tea but I avoid all chai now. I don't like coffee at all :barf:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both. I drink my coffee in the morning, cream and sugar and sometimes as a treat, with those flavored creams. During the day I drink tea, usually just plain ol' orange pekoe, sometimes with a bit of milk or black...never any sugar...yuk. It depends on where I am. My thermos of tea I bring to work is always black, but if I make a cup of tea at home, or order one from Timmie's I add milk. I like herbal teas as well if I feel like something warm to drink in the evening, and drink them black. If I make earl grey tea, though I have to add milk...the flavor is just a bit "too much" without it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink both.. depending on my mood and how much I am dieting..
Normally, I like tea with a tad of almond milk.. for sweetener, I ahve been using a splash of maple syrup, or turbinado surgar.

Tea is usually a relaxing time for me....

Coffee, is with almond milk, and either maple syrup or no sweetener.

In the summer: Iced Coffee with plain almond milk... or SB Iced Green Tea Lemonade!! love that stuff..

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the office I used to drink black filtered coffee all day! My blood-pressure was sky high so I stopped, even though I was uncertain if it was coffee or work causing the problem. Afterwards I had a headache for a week so was obviously a coffee-junky! My BP went back down to normal. I still drink coffee - but only one cup a day, preferably cappuccino with frothed milk after lunch.
Being originally from England, I still drink rather weak, black tea (Assam or Orange Pekoe) with a little milk.
I never add sugar (or other flavorings) to tea or coffee - though an Irish coffee is (always) acceptable! 🤣

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried many teas and just don’t care for the taste. Coffee, on the other hand, I have loved since I was a kid. As soon as my eyes open I am ready for that first cup. Because of a caffeine sensitivity though I limit myself to two cups in the morning.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like coffee at all, but I do drink a cup of tea in the morning. But not to "wake up" because it's decaf. For some reason, tea doesn't taste the way it used to (to me), I can't get it strong enough.