Question of the Day, Saturday the 21st of May, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!

It's let's have lunch or brunch out day! Will it be a picnic at the beach? Burgers at your fave diner?

If I were at Mush's, V verna davies , It would be fish and chips at the beach, probably a double order of chips! but since I'm
here I would like to try Panera's new chicken sandwich, their amazing tomato soup, and a scone and eat at Hinckley Park

which is close to me and has nice walking trails.

What would you do?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll be hyping Sunday’s doubleheader softball game to tourists at our only diner. Not sure what’s on the menu but freshly brewed decaf is in my dreams.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get takeout, probably a nice big veggie sammich with all the fixings. I don't dine in much anymore, it's just too expensive, and you're expected to leave such a big tip nowadays, where it used to be $1 a person. I just can't spend money like that. Omelets and Sammiches used to be $5, now they are usually at least $10. We have one sammich shop left in town that has $5 sammiches, the other one closed.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite for summer is a cookout. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact it has become a comfort food type thing for me. Burgers, macaroni salad, grilled ears of corn and fresh fruit from a farmer's market. I prefer food cooked over a charcoal fire.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would drive to the Dariette, a little drive in that has pretty much had the same menu since the 50’s, including the best Italian food in town. I would have a meatball(covered in red sauce and mozzarella cheese) sandwich, side of sweet peppers, and a cherry 7 up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our oldest discovered an "all veggie" restaurant that serves a delightful brunch. They have a beautiful patio so I'd love to sit there and be served outdoors. They also do a french press coffee and bring it right to your table. I'd have their pesto flatbread for an appetizer followed by a frittata.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a roadside diner near us that has been around nearly as long as I have. Nothing fancy, mind you; mostly burgers and fries, and most people eat in their cars. I would get a double cheeseburger and fries, with cider vinegar on the fries.
One thing of note: they have mostly high school kids taking the orders, and they don't write anything down. When they call the order back to the cooks at the grill, it's all from memory. Same when they ring up the bill, and in all the years we have been going there, they have never screwed anything up, ever.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love brunch with friends 🤗 but it doesn't happen often enough because it's so hard to get everyone together :sigh: We do brunch at one of the local restaurants. If the weather is nice, we'll sit outside on the restaurant's patio.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love real b-b-que food.. on a charcoal grill: Burgers, hot dogs, steak, chicken, kielbasa... with potato salad...
That would be it...

Of course, living on the beach, it would be great if the grill would be on the sand, complete with canopies....

Today is a gorgeous day for it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love brunch out--sitting outside weather permitting, with a veggie omelette, country potatoes, sourdough toast, and a mimosa. 🍾

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes:probably go to the flappy jacks nearby and eat there if i could handle the 30 to 45 minute wait for a table therethey have the best french toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese i ever tasted along with crepes an pancakes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love brunch out--sitting outside weather permitting, with a veggie omelette, country potatoes, sourdough toast, and a mimosa. 🍾
That sounds so good!!! I love eating outside.

:rolleyes:probably go to the flappy jacks nearby and eat there if i could handle the 30 to 45 minute wait for a table therethey have the best french toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese i ever tasted along with crepes an pancakes
I can see why they have a long wait, yum!!