Question of the Day Saturday, the 19th of November 2022

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both about equally. My former home was so small that hosting anything was impossible, and so there is enjoyment of being able to have people to my house for a holiday. It also gives my sister relief from having to host every holiday. But being able to go to her house and not have to spend my post holiday night cleaning up is nice too.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Host. If I am the host, I can control who is allowed to walk in the door. :lol:
One year, I did host. I was a semi new home owner and I absolutely loved the experience, it was a ton of work (I had a lot of help who cooked and brought a lot of the side dishes...thanks Mom!!) and I deep cleaned my house for 2 weeks before hand. But it was such a great feeling having all my friends in my home enjoying good made from scratch food.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have only hosted Thanksgiving dinner once. I caught the sweet potato casserole on fire.

I would like to host more but a myriad of events and circumstances have prevented me from doing so over the last several years. So I am content to let others host and offer to bring a dish.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I'm happy with either. We regularly have farewell parties in my garden when a student is moving to somewhere far-flung. Then everyone brings a plate and I provide the dining set-up, beverages and usually the desert. That is my favourite way to do it. :)