Question of the Day Saturday, the 19th of November 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Hello and Happy weekend!!

Would you rather host a holiday dinner or go to someones home?

I would rather host it.

What about you?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather go to someone else's house most of the time. It's usually my sister's house which is more than twice the size of my house, so that in itself makes it a better choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
One thanksgiving the ex and I went to a restaurant for thanksgiving and it was nice. He had duck and I had a filet mignon.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure really if everyone showed up i would have 20+ people plus kids. if i had an actual house it would be nice but i woudnt have peace of mind unless i had graycie locked behind a closed door inside a room . i have to many cousins with young kids to trust they wouldnt let her escape outside. from an open door with all the running around going in and ,going out to play etc. going to anothers house to eat has the plus side of not having a massive clean up job after of the floors and kitchen kids create lots of crumbs .:lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would rather go to someone's home. I will gladly make whatever they ask me to make and take it their dinner. I am pretty neutral about cooking, I neither dislike nor like it. It's all the cleaning both giving the house a really thorough cleaning before and cleanup from preparing dinner. I clean as I go but with a big holiday dinner it still gets a bit overwhelming.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hosting because that way I can "hide" by keeping busy in the kitchen and leave the socializing to the guests. However, depending on where we go, I don't mind going to someone else house for the quick exit. It really depends on the who and where if I would rather host or be a guest. Also depends on if I've had the time to clean my own house properly for company.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends. My introverted side likes to be home if its just a small one. We started hosting more when my kids were small so they could have naps or not be pulled away from Christmas presents and things like that. Usually its just my mom and stepdad anyway. Taking young or active kids to someone else’s house can be super stressful when its not child proof and you have to watch their every move instead of visiting with others. Especially if its not close family.

If its more than that I prefer to go to someone else’s house. Then I don’t have to be concerned about my house being prepared!