Question of the Day, Saturday the 16th of October, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!

Does anyone plan on taking a weekend trip, or a one day trip? Where would you go? Is there a special restaurant you would like to visit?

I would like to visit Columbus, where I used to live. There are so many restaurants I loved....a bakery called The French Loaf, oh my, they had the most amazing everything!! An Asian restaurant on Bethel Road but I can't remember the name but I know I could find it. Maybe I can persuade Nicole to do this?

What about you?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping to get a day trip in to a town where I spent time in younger days. I have friends there from childhood and am considering moving there. It’s a peaceful place and very near to family. There is a beautiful lake there. I don’t know what restaurants are there now but I am sure there is something yummy nearby!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're actually on a weekend trip to see the in-laws for my FIL's birthday now.

It's a lot harder to travel with the baby, so this is about as big of a trip as we're making in the near future!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ALWAYS take one-day trips with all the cats we have at home, three that need medicine every day. We are hopefully planning one soon, going to Salina KS. we usually eat at Martinelli's, a historic Italian restaurant that has served a lot of celebrities in the past. They play Dean Martin music. They have the BEST rib steak, charbroiled and you can cut it with a fork. With a side of spaghetti or other pasta, it is the best of both worlds! We also eat at Longhorns. There are SO many places to eat and things to do in Salina, we love going there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We ALWAYS take one-day trips with all the cats we have at home, three that need medicine every day. We are hopefully planning one soon, going to Salina KS. we usually eat at Martinelli's, a historic Italian restaurant that has served a lot of celebrities in the past. They play Dean Martin music. They have the BEST rib steak, charbroiled and you can cut it with a fork. With a side of spaghetti or other pasta, it is the best of both worlds! We also eat at Longhorns. There are SO many places to eat and things to do in Salina, we love going there.
You've got me hungry now, Di!!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really have anything planned except to see family in Northeast Ohio.

The French Loaf Bakery closed several years ago. They were selling desserts at Spinelli's Deli for awhile after the bakery closed but I don't think they are even doing that anymore.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With our cats, we don't take any overnight trips anymore, and day trips only infrequently. Two restaurants that we used to go to are both gone; the Old Red Mill Inn had 2 former Union Pacific passenger cars converted to dining areas aside from the mill itself, and Pufferbelly's, in Erie PA, was in an old fire station. Other than those, there are no special places for us.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since our oldest moved back and is living in the city I enjoy visiting her. :hearthrob: There's definitely no shortage of restaurants or things to do and it's where my roots are so I enjoy a walk by the lake or one of the historic districts.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am planning a trip to Columbus, Ohio to see family and go to Hocking Hills State Park. It's not a day trip though! I grew up in Northeast Ohio.

For a day trip, I love going to Frisco and Breckenridge and eating at the Butterhorn Restaurant in Frisco, here in Colorado.
In the spring I'm going to northwest Kansas for a day or two for birding.

eternalgaze

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am actually on a weekend trip in South Jersey. We visited the local diner , Horizon Diner, for dinner two nights in a row and thoroughly enjoyed it. Since covid struck we don't go out to eat much where we live--it's gotten very expensive.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We would really like to go to Vermont, either for a weekend or for a couple of days during the week. My brother and SIL are thinking about joining us. King Arthur, Ben & Jerry's, sight-seeing, touring. I really love Vermont. While there, we would cross over into New Hampshire to have dinner at Jesse's; they have excellent prime rib.

Our problem is that we don't really have anybody to watch the girls. I don't like asking my sister all the time. Yes, she would do it, but I don't want to impose on her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We would really like to go to Vermont, either for a weekend or for a couple of days during the week. My brother and SIL are thinking about joining us. King Arthur, Ben & Jerry's, sight-seeing, touring. I really love Vermont. While there, we would cross over into New Hampshire to have dinner at Jesse's; they have excellent prime rib.

Our problem is that we don't really have anybody to watch the girls. I don't like asking my sister all the time. Yes, she would do it, but I don't want to impose on her.
Pam, my ex and I were lucky enough to find an amazing cat sitter. She came twice a day, did the boxes, stayed a half hour.
Got the mail, etc.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a one-day trip in the next week with my sister and her family to Stillwater, MN. My niece has school off for a statewide educator's conference, so my sister is taking advantage of the time off to do some fun things. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I think some of it will be some hiking or walking around a park.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going on a weekend trip to Brownsea Island off the coast of Dorset later on in the month as a belated birthday present for me, since my birthday was at the beginning of October.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing covid showed me is that I’m really burnt out of traveling. We just staycationed again and it was a lot less stressful than a trip. We did make it to a beach to stick our toes in the water and a little shopping. We ate the signature dish at a local restaurant that I’ve always heard about but not been to.

There is a NASA facility within driving distance that I want to visit but their visitor center has stayed closed. Its a bit far for any launches since those can last minute cancel.

I would love to wander some of the museums in the bigger cities. Those are a bit far but could be short trips. We visited a cool children’s museum a few years ago and ever since we’ve wanted to visit more before the kids grow up too much.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going on a training camp related to school in a few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it! It'll be out in nature, near the sea. It's an old farmhouse and they still have horses I believe. I'm going there with one of my best friends and it'll be an amazing opportunity to get to know eachother better. It gives off such school trip vibes😂