QUESTION OF THE DAY, SATURDAY, the 15th of January, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!! Baby, it's cold outside here in NE Ohio!! :cold: 🏔❄🌨🎿⛷☃

What are your plans for the weekend?

For me, it's going to be one of those days to stay in and read or binge watch a series.
or for you:

dinner party, watching the Australian Open, maybe that didn't begin yet. playing

board games, doing a project, relaxing, going to the beach?

Tell us what your plans are

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sister and brother in law coming to visit father-in-law today, so going there to have lunch and catch up. Tomorrow, church, and then not much, I might have to go to Walmart for a few groceries. It's 15 degrees out right now with a high of 24 and wind gusts today up to 50 mph, so not going out much and neither are the outside cats!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gf wants a small patio set so we can eat lunch or dinner together out side :lol: or just enjoy our nicotine habits together out side after a meal already picked up a triple bromeliads pot yesterday:rolleyes3:still gotta figure a plan to manage getting my early morning cup of coffee out side without spilling or having graycie get outside or in my way:lol:she cant escape since we used a lattice to fence off our patio bars before we even brought her home so it will probably b a few hours at ikea plus homegoodsuntil its back home to watch my hockey game:flail:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're still going forward with J's rescheduled winter one-derland birthday party tomorrow. It might be a stupid idea, but we just want it over with. It'll likely be a smaller crowd than invited, which I think will be better, and I hope everyone who's coming has been as careful as possible. Today, J and I are headed over to my parents' house to decorate.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No serious plans per se...I need to get groceries at some point, but it's currently -30 with a wind chill of -40 right now...I don't feel like leaving the house. :cold:
When I actually get my groceries, I had wanted to make a big batch of chili. I also have to do some basic house cleaning/laundry.
One thing I'll try to get to at some point is to prepare some potatoes for freezing.
My husband got his hands on free potatoes. A full transport truck of potatoes was just being given away to the community. The catch...you had to take a 50lbs bag of them...It's one big bag, that has 5, 10lb bags in it. So now I have 50lbs of potatoes to figure out what to do with! I'm giving one bag to my sister, but I thought I would peel, cube and par boil one of the bags to freeze in meal sized baggies (to be used for easy mashed or hash browns, etc later), put one in cold storage for later on in the season (they're fresh off the truck so they'll keep for a few months)...but that still leaves me with 2 bags. Some will be for cream of potato soup that I'll also freeze...I'm still trying to figure out what else to make/do with them for meal prep freezing.

JellisMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another winter snow/ice weekend predicted in Tennessee. So me and Jelli are going nowhere!
I’m just staying in my pj’s and will be binge watching old movies on an xfinity movie channel ( got Laurel and Hardy on now🤣) , MeTv - old tv shows, will be drinking a can or two of White Claw 🤪and taking several naps throughout the day. Jelli loves to take naps with me.

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a driveway of snow to clear after yesterday’s snowstorm, which I will tackle in a few minutes. And a few projects around the house to get done but that is about it. Other than that I will work on my puzzle and sit around the rest of the weekend - I am isolating after COVID exposure, day 4.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We had plans to look at a mid-century dresser for our daughter but that got cancelled. It's just as well since it's in the single digits with the windchill. I slept in this morning which felt sooooo good. I started a new library book and really like it so will get some reading in today. I know DH would like me to bake so I might do that too. I should do laundry, clean and dust but that's no fun. :nono: I'd rather have another cup of coffee and relax.😉

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My actual day. Fought to keep the snowblower running, had to start it maybe a dozen times, then it conked out in the middle of the drive and I had to drag it back to the garage to plug in so I could restart it (can’t use the pull start). Finally it stayed running long enough to finish the drive. Came back in to a cat fight in progress as Lola tried to get into Willow’s sleeping/hiding closet. Shooed her away and shut the door but unfortunately, Lola was still wound up and took a run at me and bit me hard in the back of my leg. Treating four fang bite wounds and hoping they don’t get infected. She is now in time out in her room until tomorrow.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's around 60°F today, so I could do a lot, just don't want to.
Beginning to wonder where the snow and ice is. Not complaining mind you, just wondering when we're going to get hit.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having trouble sleeping last night because I kept thinking of things I needed to do, so I wrote out a list of little things I wanted to get done today. It's a VERY long list, but I broke things down into such small tasks (I think I have ADHD, so making lists like this is actually how I follow through with completing tasks) that I could easily get most of them done today. Most of them are organizing and moving things around the house so things feel less chaotic.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to go to the grocery store tonight. I should stop by Dollar Tree also for a few things.

I have to do laundry at some point. Exciting stuff, I know. 😆

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither of us have any plans at all.It's cold and windy...snow didn't amount to much which I'm happy about.I did a load of darks,took a shower,ran the vacuum,dinner is done and over with.Tomorrow....who knows.I'm not planning on going anywhere,and he's got his nose planted in a bee book.