Question of the Day, Saturday the 13th of August, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Saturday!!!

So we're having a relaxing weekend drive and we are hungry. There are several restaurants in the vicinity of where we are. Anything from diners, to fine dining, take out etc.

I would choose subs, chips, and other snacks while eating on a blanket at a beautiful lake we saw. I would also get a milkshake to go after lunch Extra large chocolate malted.

What about you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the weather was good I would want to sit at an outside table, have a lovely fresh salad with everything and a tall glass of ice cold water.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on the time of day and the location. Lunch or dinner time along the coast means seafood and there are bound to be plenty of seafood restaurants ranging from clam shacks to more upscale places. For just a snack, a quick pop into any cafe or bakery.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely not fine dining for me since I'd rather not get dressed up. :lol: Comfortable clothes and relaxing outdoors by the lake. Brunch would be nice with a large carafe of coffee. ☕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take a drive about and hour north to the only Remaining A&W in our area for a corn dog or two and a large mug of root beer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would go for some kind of local place and see what strikes my fancy. Cafe's, bakeries, BBQ, Soul Food, whatever! Just give me something good and local. :yummy:

We had THE BEST EVER Hushpuppies at a little, nondescript BBQ place earlier this year. The BBQ was good too; but I have NEVER had hushpuppies that I liked before. Theirs were so good i could go back for just them! :drool:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a place overlooking the lower Niagara River that serves all sorts of uber casual foods. I would go for the Italian sausage instead of hot dogs, a small order of curly fries, with vinegar, of course, and an orange soda pop, all while watching the jet boats going to the Whirlpool Rapids and back.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judging by what my trip itinerary looks like when I go to Boston with my sister, it's going to be a lot of seafood. For a less expensive option, I would probably go with a hole-in-the-wall diner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, If it was late morning, I would opt for a late brunch/breakfast....

If in the afternoon... then I do not know... lounging at a lake, with some take out--- deli style... nothing heavy.. kind of like an Italian deli smorgasbord, would be great... either on a picnic bench or with a nice tablecloth, and some blankets to lunge on, while looking out on the lake... no buggies though!! 🙏 During a nice warm---not hot, or humid summer day....

I grew up on the beach and live on the beach, so. nice patchy, shady semi sun, warm day, with a mile breeze sounds so good to me. No. BUGS... none at all.. This would, be heaven. just watching the swimmers, paddle boaters, etc.... and perhaps take a nap, on a nice cozy spot....

Too hot and too much sun and sand for a haven day on the beach...

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have fond memories of this great diner in Hyde Park that we used to go to,so diner type food would be great to me.I love the idea of a gigundo chocolate malt,Mia!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely not fine dining for me since I'd rather not get dressed up. :lol: Comfortable clothes and relaxing outdoors by the lake. Brunch would be nice with a large carafe of coffee. ☕
My version of fine dining is "hot dogs and chips on a paper plate? Sounds fine." :)
I would choose "picnic" food by the lake. I've done that many times and those are very good memories.