Question of the Day - Saturday, October 6th

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

Well, I guess it's about time to turn the furnace on.  It's starting to get really cold here.  Today we only got to a high of about 4 degrees.  That's about 39 Fahrenheit.  

What's the weather like where you are?

It's been cold all week.  We're supposed to warm up a bit this weekend, but we'll see.  I know weather prediction isn't an exact science, but they shouldn't be as wrong as they have been recently.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While it's been warmer around here, we are going to chill down, starting Sunday and will be right around the upper 50s/lower 60s next week. Night time temps in the 40s, with a few nights down into the mid-30s. No frost warnings yet. Rain today and Sunday. We've been keeping windows open during the night again; we had shut the windows last week.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not that cold, still kinda warm and kinda sunny. Some rain. We don't the heat on. I would consider it nice fall weather for a nice walk outside!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Decent here, but chilly at night. We had to turn the furnace on (it's an apartment building and the tenant downstairs complained) but I would prefer it off at night. I find it better for sleeping when the nights are cool.
The fall colours have been fantastic this week. So glad we didn't get 30cms of snow like they did up north!

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow, we are still running the a/c full blast here on the south Tx coast, a high of like 90 something yesterday with more heat on the way...we are lucky if it gets down below 80 at night...ughhh and the humidity....sighhhhhh....stay warm!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10C here today. It's cooler, but it's nice after the summer we had. Pretty windy today too, I looked out the window and it looked like it was raining leaves. They were falling so fast.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The temperature has been pretty high - around 20°C/68°F - for the past couple of days, but it's really chilly at night, and the temperature is supposed to drop again tomorrow. We're getting the usual autumn storms - high winds and rain. It was so gusty yesterday that some of the side panels of our greenhouse were blown out.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear ya ak12taco,  Still warm here on the NC coast too. Not as warm as there though!  It's been in the mid 80's this week, but humidity has gone down, thank goodness!

It's supposed to be 86 today. Next week they are saying mid 70's, & cooler at night, so should start feeling like fall soon!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is 45F here, raining off and on and pretty miserable.  The cats were all making a furry blanket on me this morning and looking at me like "Hey, two-legs, what happened to the heat? Get up and turn the temp up"  Of course, they had to go out the cat-flap when I took the blocker out of it. They came back in quite soon, though.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hear ya ak12taco,  Still warm here on the NC coast too. Not as warm as there though!  It's been in the mid 80's this week, but humidity has gone down, thank goodness!

It's supposed to be 86 today. Next week they are saying mid 70's, & cooler at night, so should start feeling like fall soon!
wow, we are still running the a/c full blast here on the south Tx coast, a high of like 90 something yesterday with more heat on the way...we are lucky if it gets down below 80 at night...ughhh and the humidity....sighhhhhh....stay warm!

I'm like you two, only it's a "dry heat" here
.  (it's true!)  And that DOES make a difference, thankfully.  I think I saw on the weather report,though, that we've supposed had our last 100 degree or over day (yesterday) for the year.  We'll just see if they are right. 

At least the nights are bearable now...Mid 80's, which, when it's over 100 in the daytime, feels pretty good

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol just came in from the pool, 
its like scorching and people are actually talking Christmas...my mind is stuck on July 4th its still so warm! I have experienced the "dry" cold of NYC in December and that is a pleasant cold compared to our "wet" winters here so Im imagining your dry heat is also luxurious compared to this inferno...lol  
<---- thats you sending us some of that weather you heard about on the news...lol

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
While it's been warmer around here, we are going to chill down, starting Sunday and will be right around the upper 50s/lower 60s next week. Night time temps in the 40s, with a few nights down into the mid-30s. No frost warnings yet. Rain today and Sunday. We've been keeping windows open during the night again; we had shut the windows last week.
Since Winchester and I live so close by, I can just quote her post as my response to the question!
 (I hope you don't mind, Pam!)

After this past brutal summer, and very warm spring, I'm enjoying this cooler weather. It means Fall really is here, and I adore Fall.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has gotten very wet and chilly here.  The furnace has been on at night the past 2 weeks.  Last night, and tonight there were fires going in both fireplaces
Comfort food has been prepared the past 2 nights as well...  Winter is on the way!

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, I take it back...lol...
Im  sending this stuff back to ya! Yesterday it was 90 something...this morning 50 something...what just happened?! If you got it like this with the weather, man we should talk about you predicting the lotto numbers next...lol...brrrrrrr Im cold...me and my big mouth!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It has gotten very wet and chilly here.  The furnace has been on at night the past 2 weeks.  Last night, and tonight there were fires going in both fireplaces
Comfort food has been prepared the past 2 nights as well...  Winter is on the way!

I'm doing the same thing here! (Only 1 real fireplace,though.) I've been using the wood-burning (real) fireplace, and the 2 electric ones--1 in the living room, and one in the upstairs master bedroom.  I haven't turned the heat on yet, though.

And I making lots of comfort food! Today, I have 3 Crock-Pots going: French onion soup, pulled beef roast, and a potato/bacon/onion/cheddar casserole. We'll have some combination of these for tonight's dinner; then I'll freeze the rest in small portions for later.  I made chili last week, and corn chowder on Monday, in honor of the cooler, Fall weather. I love this time of the year!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's pretty chilly here today. DH just built a fire in the basement stove. The pellet stove (our main source of heat) can't be hooked up until we finish this darn room. We spent most of yesterday cutting and gathering wood so we should be set for a while. It's not to bad though, chilly but not cold. Don't ask me the actual temp but I'm guessing 50 something. The plus side is the trees are beautiful! The colors are peaking at work, and should peak here next weekend (it's funny the difference altitude makes). I love fall but I'm not looking forward to winter.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ok, I take it back...lol...
Im  sending this stuff back to ya! Yesterday it was 90 something...this morning 50 something...what just happened?! If you got it like this with the weather, man we should talk about you predicting the lotto numbers next...lol...brrrrrrr Im cold...me and my big mouth!

Well...my a/c just kicked on, so it's NOT chilly here yet

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been very cold. In the thirties the last two nights. The days have been beautiful though. Sunny and in the fifties. I love it. :D

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is was really hot today, but has actually turned chilly now.  I always heard, if you don't like the weather in North Carolina, spend the night.  It will change by tomorrow.