Question of The Day. Saturday October 19th

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't quite left the library parking lot yet, I was posting those pics at different websites where I hang out, LOL. The library is closed today, but one can still glom onto their wi-fi by parking outside the building, a helpful tip given to me by a librarian gal months ago. I haven't put cable or Internet in my home yet, though that will change pronto now that I have work lined up... don't wanna miss the latter part of football season, LOL. As for Huell Howser, I used to watch his program with me dear departed mum, she was a big fan... ol' Huell was kinda hokey, but I reckon he was laughing all the way to the bank. I probably saw those same shows you did, Tarasgirl06, especially the train shows which I thoroughly enjoyed. The railroad played a BIG part in the history of this little burg, and trains still move heaps of freight through here every day. Folks used to detrain here to catch the stagecoach to Tombstone, which is only about 23 miles away... folks here are big on the Old West, LOL. :yess:

Okay, I'm outta here, this car is getting warm even with all the windows down... :devilish:

HASTA LUEGO!!! :spew:
Yeah! I used to watch with my dad, who loved these shows. Yeah, I've watched some shows about Huell that were put together by his crew and it gives a new appreciation of who he was and how he brought something completely unique and new to PBS. He was a very smart man and he loved California as I do, but he was originally from TN I think.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate being late for anything!It doesn't bother me so much if other people are,especially if they call to let me know.Guess I'm a bit more harsh with myself than others.Latest I've ever been was at work...we had an ice storm and I knew there'd be a ton of call ins.I was supposed to clock in at 7am and didn't get there til almost 10:30,but I made it and it was a good thing.There was plenty to do,that's for sure!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time I'm early. I can't stand to be late, so I leave enough time to get them and if I'm early I'll just wait in the car. I don't care about other people, but it depends on the circumstances. If I'm in a class or something and I'm there on time, and others are there on time, and the instructor waits for others to show up and starts the class late, I get really annoyed.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like being late. If I have to make a 20 minute drive, I'll leave 45 minutes before I'm due there then sit like a doofus and wait on them.
Being late doesn't bother me if they call. Traffic, flights, and car trouble can put you behind and they're not anymore happy about it than I am. When someone casually saunters in 2 hours late without so much of a "sorry i'm late", I get a little lippy.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like most of you. I am usually early. It annoys me when someone is late, unless it is something unavoidable like exceptionally bad traffic.

Most of my doctors I always have to wait but I am still on time or early.

Since I live in Atlanta, bad traffic is not really an excuse since traffic is always bad. Work is only 15 minutes away but I always allow 30 in case I get behind a school bus or regular bus.

A good friend is always late. She always calls. I have learned that if we are to meet at noon, not to expect her til 12:30. Same with my daughter. But since I love them both so much I just deal with it.

I also get very annoyed if a meeting starts late. If I show up on time and others are 15 or 20 minutes late it is a waste of my time.

My husband drives me nuts on this. He thinks an appointment, say at 9:00, is a starting point. Left to his own devices he would not even leave til 9. If we have to go somewhere I tell him we have to leave 30 minutes earlier than we really do.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Late to this thread but...in life, punctual as all heck!

I'm the kind of person who can time things to the second. I don't know how I do it. Like, when we drove to get our kitten in September. The breeder was 1-1/2 hours from our house give or take. Now, who really knows what traffic will do right? And then even with GPS taken into consideration something always gets messed up eventually, right? Well, both of those were taken into account and we did hit some traffic and I did take one small wrong turn because she lives out in the sticks of south NJ but somehow, somehow, we pulled up to her house EXACTLY to the hour we said we'd be there. ON THE DOT.

This happens all the time with me. I really have a thing about being late. Much rather be a few minutes early and be the one waiting than to keep someone waiting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
WOW ...! That's really a "late arrival" .

They were really nice to me though. The airport staff just got me on the next scheduled flight back to Japan and didn't even make me buy a new ticket.

:rock:

Bangkok Airport staff are the best. They must deal with so many idiot foreigners like me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm usually right on time. I don't like being too early or too late. If I'm going to be late, I text or call to let the person know.

Sometimes things just happen and people are late, but when it's a habitual disregard for other people's time, it's just disrespectful.