Question of The Day. Saturday October 19th

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

Are you usually on time? Or are you always late? Does it bother you when other people are late? What's the latest you've ever been for something?

I'm pretty punctual. I rely on buses to get around and if I miss one I have at least an hour wait, so I make sure I get to the bus stop a bit early. It does annoy me to be kept waiting, but most of my friends make an effort to meet up on time too.

I was once 24 hours late. I turned up at the airport on a Saturday for a flight that had left on Friday. Right time, wrong day!

:eek:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of those show up 20 minutes early type. I hate being late, and I hate feeling rushed to be somewhere on time, so I always give myself plenty of time do get somewhere. Sometimes to my own detriment. I even overestimate then end up having too much time to kill. I also don't like when other people are late, especially when it's preventable.
The only time I've ever been late for something is if I got caught behind a traffic accident or due to an emergency. One time, I got stuck in a snow drift in my driveway and was 2 hours late for work. Most of the time though, because I give myself plenty of time to be somewhere, little set backs don't make me late, because that it why I do it (bad traffic, bad weather, long slow train, cat decided to make a mess etc...)

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I *HATE* being late to anything, whether it be class, a movie, etc. It grinds my gears when I ask someone to meet at 8 and they mosey in at 8:15. My time is too valuable for you to be so flippant, especially if there is any sort of itinerary involved (think a day trip).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually on time or early. Living 30 minutes from town, I've learned to leave 45 minutes before I need to be there.

I suppose it would bother me if I was meeting someone and they were late for lunch or dinner. But it hasn't happened yet.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with everything everyone has said. I’m on time or slightly early 99% of the time. If I’m not, it’s because of something unavoidable or unexpected. My husband, on the other hand, is very casual about being on time and it makes me crazy. I’ve found that it works better to say, “We need to leave the house at 6 o’clock” rather than to say, “We should be there at 6:30.” And I stand in the hallway with my coat on and my purse over my shoulder at 5:56. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Does it bother you when other people are late?
Yes, that's what texting is for. ;) When I have plans to meet someone and they are exceptionally late I wish they would just text to let me know.

I always try to be on time especially a doctor's appointment even though half the time I wait in their office. :rolleyes2: The only time I am late is if there's an unexpected circumstance, e.g. road construction, an urgent phone call before leaving the house, etc. However, if I am late to meet someone I will text to let them know what happened and that I'm running late.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am normally on time or less than 5 minutes. It bothers me when I am late, but I live 20-30 minutes from all of my doctors and stores, and traffic never seems to be on my side no matter how early I leave.

It depends on how late they, what they are late for, and what caused them to be late. I am normally pretty easy going.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning.

Are you usually on time? Or are you always late? Does it bother you when other people are late? What's the latest you've ever been for something?

I'm pretty punctual. I rely on buses to get around and if I miss one I have at least an hour wait, so I make sure I get to the bus stop a bit early. It does annoy me to be kept waiting, but most of my friends make an effort to meet up on time too.

I was once 24 hours late. I turned up at the airport on a Saturday for a flight that had left on Friday. Right time, wrong day!

:eek:
I try to always be on time. It's ethical and professional. Occasionally I have overslept. Then, I call where I'm supposed to be and let them know. It's considerate.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm usually on time. There have been a couple of times I was late. Once when I got tied up in a traffic jam and once when I got lost. My exhusband was perennially late, and once when he started taking the TV apart (he built it back in the day) 15 minutes before we were due for dinner, I got a severe headache. He drove me crazy with his lateness.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Punctuality is my middle name... but sometimes unexpected delays crop up, so I try not to get bent if someone is late, though I appreciate a text or call to let me know. Speaking of being late, I went down to see the historic Union Pacific Steam Locomotive Big Boy as it paid a visit to Benson this morning, it was quite a sight and it drew a crowd of several thousand, the pics don't quite do justice to the crowd. Maybe some of you cat lovers like old trains, this one is making a circuit tour of the West to commemorate the 150th anniversary of completion of the Transcontinental Railroad.

You site members who live east of southern Arizona, the Big Boy is heading your way, you can Google "Union Pacific Big Boy Tour Schedule" to learn more, and Google "UP Big Boy 4014" to see more pics and videos. It's the last operational Big Boy, pretty cool to see up close, and no charge for gawking, which is always a plus in my book. I even shook hands with the mayor, a down-to-earth man unlike the common run of politicians, he was out there sweating under the sun as we all waited for the train, WHICH OF COURSE WAS HALF AN HOUR LATE, LOL.

Regular Chamber of Commerce weather this morning, a glorious fall day in the high desert. Had a freight train and an Amtrak special roll through before the Big Boy appeared on scene, but I was chatting with other railroad enthusiasts or aficionados as we waited, so no big deal. A couple guys were hilarious, they noticed my Norton motorcycle T-shirt and shared some humorous anecdotes on riding. There were also some hands dressed up in Old West garb, complete with spurs and sidearms, LOL. Nary a criminal to be seen, which suited me just fine. Here we go with the photos, figured I'd post 'em up today because I'll be too busy next week to mess with the Internet.

IMG_5143.JPG IMG_5144.JPG IMG_5145.JPG IMG_5146.JPG IMG_5148.JPG IMG_5151.JPG IMG_5152.JPG IMG_5155.JPG IMG_5156.JPG IMG_5157.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG

Gotta go, I'm heading back to the ol' hacienda to knock out some chores and eventually crack a cold beer, sharing quality time with the kittehs before the run of work begins next week. CHEERS!!! :hyper:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Punctuality is my middle name... but sometimes unexpected delays crop up, so I try not to get bent if someone is late, though I appreciate a text or call to let me know. Speaking of being late, I went down to see the historic Union Pacific Steam Locomotive Big Boy as it paid a visit to Benson this morning, it was quite a sight and it drew a crowd of several thousand, the pics don't quite do justice to the crowd. Maybe some of you cat lovers like old trains, this one is making a circuit tour of the West to commemorate the 150th anniversary of completion of the Transcontinental Railroad.

You site members who live east of southern Arizona, the Big Boy is heading your way, you can Google "Union Pacific Big Boy Tour Schedule" to learn more, and Google "UP Big Boy 4014" to see more pics and videos. It's the last operational Big Boy, pretty cool to see up close, and no charge for gawking, which is always a plus in my book. I even shook hands with the mayor, a down-to-earth man unlike the common run of politicians, he was out there sweating under the sun as we all waited for the train, WHICH OF COURSE WAS HALF AN HOUR LATE, LOL.

Regular Chamber of Commerce weather this morning, a glorious fall day in the high desert. Had a freight train and an Amtrak special roll through before the Big Boy appeared on scene, but I was chatting with other railroad enthusiasts or aficionados as we waited, so no big deal. A couple guys were hilarious, they noticed my Norton motorcycle T-shirt and shared some humorous anecdotes on riding. There were also some hands dressed up in Old West garb, complete with spurs and sidearms, LOL. Nary a criminal to be seen, which suited me just fine. Here we go with the photos, figured I'd post 'em up today because I'll be too busy next week to mess with the Internet.

View attachment 304195 View attachment 304196 View attachment 304197 View attachment 304198 View attachment 304199 View attachment 304200 View attachment 304201 View attachment 304202 View attachment 304203 View attachment 304204
View attachment 304205

Gotta go, I'm heading back to the ol' hacienda to knock out some chores and eventually crack a cold beer, sharing quality time with the kittehs before the run of work begins next week. CHEERS!!! :hyper:
SO cool and TYSM for sharing these with us! I love old trains. Out here in la-la land, there was this great guy named Huell Howser who had several series on PBS, all of them about different things in our great State. He had several programs on vintage trains, planes, and boats and I loved them all. He's been gone for several years, but PBS still runs his shows and I watch them frequently -- no matter how many times I see them, they're always great.
I do have my Reba McIntire cowgirl hat and I'd wear it for the train if I could!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm early 99.9% of the time. When I was still working, and had a 30 mile drive, I would leave home over an hour early so if there was a traffic furball along the way, I had time to navigate around by a different route. Same for bad weather. Even so, one morning I was almost 4 hours late because the line between the fuel pump and engine broke, leaving me by the side of the road at 4:30, and the garage didn't open until 8, plus there was construction on the one road that I had to take.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't quite left the library parking lot yet, I was posting those pics at different websites where I hang out, LOL. The library is closed today, but one can still glom onto their wi-fi by parking outside the building, a helpful tip given to me by a librarian gal months ago. I haven't put cable or Internet in my home yet, though that will change pronto now that I have work lined up... don't wanna miss the latter part of football season, LOL. As for Huell Howser, I used to watch his program with me dear departed mum, she was a big fan... ol' Huell was kinda hokey, but I reckon he was laughing all the way to the bank. I probably saw those same shows you did, Tarasgirl06, especially the train shows which I thoroughly enjoyed. The railroad played a BIG part in the history of this little burg, and trains still move heaps of freight through here every day. Folks used to detrain here to catch the stagecoach to Tombstone, which is only about 23 miles away... folks here are big on the Old West, LOL. :yess:

Okay, I'm outta here, this car is getting warm even with all the windows down... :devilish:

HASTA LUEGO!!! :spew: