Question of the day - Saturday, October 13

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

On Wednesday I went to see a Weird Al Yankovic concert here.  It was a great show.  He's an amazing entertainer.  I was also lucky enough to get him to sign one of his cd's for me.

Do you have any souvenirs or memorabilia with a signature on it?

I have that cd and a guitar signed by John Petrucci of Dream Theater.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That must have been a fun show!

I don't think I do. My father had some autographed baseballs that my nephews still have. I think my husband may have a few signed baseball cards.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a picture of James Taylor and me that was taken in London in 1998. Later, I went to see him on The Today Show, and he walked around talking to people and signing and I showed him the picture and I said, "This was at the Barbican in London in 1998." He said, "Ooh. It was cold there." (And it was - it was February.)

Last year I saw him at Carnegie Hall a couple of times, with a friend, and we were invited to the after party. It wasn't really a situation to ask for an autograph, but I got some great pics! :D

I have a baseball with several autographs.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l have three Ottawa Senators mini sticks that are signed by the whole team from back in the days of Rick Bowness.

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see...

Baseballs signed by Curt Schilling, Jason Varitek, Kevin Millar, Jim Rice, Adam Stern, Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd.

Bats signed by David Ortiz (Big Papi), Manny Ramirez

Batting helmet signed by Johnny Damon

Photos signed by Jason Varitek and Luis Tiant

Rookie card signed by Dustin Pedroia

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see...

Baseballs signed by Curt Schilling, Jason Varitek, Kevin Millar, Jim Rice, Adam Stern, Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd.

Let me just take a guess here..... Red Sox fan? :D

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have a GhostFace mask from the movie SCREAM with Wes Craven's signature on it when he came to visit my job (We're the original creators of the GhostFace mask). Very nice guy!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, let's see...

I was going to say :woo: GO SOX! .... But I can't muster up that much enthusiasm for them at this point. :lol3:

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to go to that concert but, alas, I no longer drive at night so that was out.

I don't have a single signed thing from anything, not even Joe O'Brien's autograph from eons ago when he was in Alberta. I do, however, have lots of good memories, including one to make Tiger jealous - way back in the 70s, George Reed (retired Riders number 34) was the Molson's rep and when he hit the bar I worked at, I would be invited to sit down and have a drink with him.......of course, in those days, I knew most of the team because the practice field was the infield of the race track, and we shared a coffee shop.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a couple of signed pictures of Charlie Sheen from back in the eighties!!! HMMMMM - wonder if they have any value now :lol3:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a concert t-shirt signed by the members of Winger (80's hair band, anyone remember them?) I didn't actually go to the concert, a guy a knew in college got it for me, He thought we were "going out", I thought we were just friends, you know the deal. Oh, and does a t-shirt signed by male strippers from my bachlorette party count? 

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let me just take a guess here..... Red Sox fan?
   A very irritated Red Sox fan.
I was going to say
GO SOX! .... But I can't muster up that much enthusiasm for them at this point.
   They've got a lot of work to do rebuilding this team. The sad part is that it would have been a relatively easy fix last winter.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have jerseys and cards with Carolina Hurricane signatures.  Other than that - no, I don't think so.