Question Of The Day - Saturday, November 6th

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepsi. No diet versions of anything unless I want to end up sick from the artificial sweeteners.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if I had to choose it would be Pepsi. My college was across the street from Pepsi Co. world head quarters so the only products on Campus were Pepsi Coke wasn't allowed anywhere! Someone snuck in a coke machine and hid it in the basement of one of the academic buildings...it became something of an urban legend that there was a coke machine and something that was secretly passed around the campus. It wasn't rumor I did find it but shortly after so did the officals and it was removed.
I wonder if SillyItaliangirl remembers that.....

Now...I rarely drink soda but if I do it is Whole's Foods 365 Brand cola with no artifical sweeteners...just made with pure cane sugar. Tastes much better.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

I rarely drink soda but if I do it is Whole's Foods 365 Brand cola with no artifical sweeteners...just made with pure cane sugar. Tastes much better.
Coke, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, and Pepsi all have their drinks sweetened with real sugar, in the Pepsi brands it is called Throw Back. Dr. Pepper sells them in glass bottles in some grocery stores, it is made in Texas. I have also seen it cans and plastic bottles. Same with the Mt. Dew and Pepsi. In Coke it is referred to as Mexican Coke. When we lived in the far South it was sold in glass bottles in all grocery stores.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Coke, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, and Pepsi all have their drinks sweetened with real sugar, in the Pepsi brands it is called Throw Back. Dr. Pepper sells them in glass bottles in some grocery stores, it is made in Texas. I have also seen it cans and plastic bottles. Same with the Mt. Dew and Pepsi. In Coke it is referred to as Mexican Coke. When we lived in the far South it was sold in glass bottles in all grocery stores.
Really?? That is awesome! I will have to head to the store and check it out Thank you!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coke. My brother and I developed anti-Pepsi feelings as youngsters because Pepsi seemed to always "attack" Coke in their commercials. I don't think I've seen him drink Pepsi unless it was the only soda available

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Pepper's real sugar version is sometimes available around here and only recently. I've yet to see any of the other types in any store.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Dr. Pepper's real sugar version is sometimes available around here and only recently. I've yet to see any of the other types in any store.
As I understand it, in some parts of the South, Dr. Pepper is called Coke, and that just sounds plain odd to me

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

As I understand it, in some parts of the South, Dr. Pepper is called Coke, and that just sounds plain odd to me
It's all "pop" here. If you're ordering, then you specify. Though sometimes I wonder what good that does... I'll order Pepsi or Coke at a restaurant and get Dr. Pepper.
Maybe the person taking the order/filling the drinks is from a county or two over where they call everything Coke and because Dr. Pepper is the most popular that's how I get it. (or people simply can't read or remember anything)

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL Dr. Pepper has a bizarro taste in my opinion. The few times I drank it I think I had to mix it with alot of water. I'm not a pop drinker in general.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL Dr. Pepper has a bizarro taste in my opinion. The few times I drank it I think I had to mix it with alot of water. I'm not a pop drinker in general.
It's too sweet and taste somewhere between flat and just wrong.
I don't think there's anything that you could mix with it that can fix that. I suppose it's because I'm used to the more acidic bite that Pepsi, Coke, and even RC have.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Dr. Pepper fan over here! When I first tasted it I thought I was in heaven
It's sooo sweet and gives me the biggest sugar high out of all sodas.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup. Anything cola is called coke, actually any soft drink including Sprite!
If you asked for a Coke a normal response would be "what kind".

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My dad and I were very particular about our Dr. Pepper. We were of the opinion you can't just get a good one anywhere and could taste so many differences between different places that served it. We went out of our way to get them from one gas station because it actually tasted good from the fountain drink machine. Bottled was out unless it was a glass bottle, the fizz is lost too quickly to us. And canned was OK if it was ice cold, either been on actually ice in a cooler or stuck in the freezer for a bit before drinking.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neither! I'd take a Dr Pepper or a Big Red over Coke or Pepsi any day.
Even though I do like a Cherry Coke on a rare occasion.