Question Of The Day - Saturday, May 7th

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

Eric was being a goof and started chirping instead of his normal meow and it got me wondering...

Do your cats meow or chirp or both?

Eric and Meezers do both, but Marie only meows.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Peanut makes all sorts of noises! He meows, he yowls, he makes that clicking/chittering sound I posted about, and he also trills.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Da Lip makes a large assortment of meows, trills, chirps, etc and Da Magpie is, if nothing loud. The rest are much quieter although Jack and Tippy learned more sounds over the winter indoors and both trill now. Most annoying? Splash when it is tin opeining time: OOOWW OOWW OOWW from before I pick up the tin and opener until the food is put down; this OOWW OOWW carries for quite a distance, makes you wonder what ails the cat!!LOL

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one who howls, one who squeaks or just meows silently, and then I have Baby, the only time she shuts up, is when she is eating or sleeping.

She is my great conversationalist, and is not above shouting to get her point across.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midnight will meow once in awhile, Luna meows all the time she actually says words: "now" "down" "yeah" "no" "out" lol

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Good morning

Eric was being a goof and started chirping instead of his normal meow and it got me wondering...

Do your cats meow or chirp or both?

Eric and Meezers do both, but Marie only meows.
Pipsqueak does all of the above and more. He even can say MAMA!!
I am not kidding, I want to get a video of it and I will post it.

Perkins does meow and chirps/trills alot
. Perla is very quiet and rarely speaks, but when she does, you better listen and she has the cutest girlie meow ever. Presley is always meowing and complaining, alot.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 9 cats. The range of vocalizations from them covers pretty much all types. I even have one that sounds like a person saying "meow" - it's the fakest cat meow I've ever heard.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My two are not loud, generally speaking. They both meow from time to time for effect, but have a bunch of other vocalizations that are more common for them.

Fawn has a tiny wispy/huffy little vocalization for the most part, but turns it up to a full meow when she needs to make a point. Cindy mostly chirps and chitters and mutters, and also turns up the volume when we're not getting the point -- often a prolonged "meooowoooowoooow".