Question of the Day, Saturday, May 27

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you drink a lot of water? Do you get the amount of water you're supposed to get every day?

I don't drink what I'm supposed to. Usually enough to take my meds in the morning and at night. Sometimes, I'll remember and purposely grab a glass full of water. But not like I should.

How about you? Do you get the water you're supposed to get?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
no but i am getting better at increasing my intake. i'll add a slice of lime

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably don't drink as much as I should, especially since I don't drink soda pop, and only two cups of tea a day, and I sweat a lot when I'm active. Also, I discovered last year that I was born with only one kidney, so I should take better care of it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve read that the whole suggested 8 glasses thing is not accurate. DH is very “add one ounce of juice and it no longer counts as water” trained. He’s actually gotten his electrolytes off because he was drinking too much water only while working. But he was a distance runner raised in the south; so generally he knows what he needs.

Water used to make me nauseous but now I do drink several glasses each day. Probably 4-6 mugs of it. I have my coffee and occasionally diluted juice. But mostly water.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I drink tons of water especially on the days I work out at the gym plus I drink black coffee which adds to my water intake.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I get enough most days...some days I know I didn't drink enough, but overall I'm pretty good.
I drink my glass in the morning, then I have my coffee (sometimes 2 cups), I bring a refillable bottle of water and one of tea with me to work, and they're both usually empty by the end of my shift. I usually have some pop with dinner and the rest of the night I sip on water...usually getting close to 2 glasses in before bed. If I've done strenuous work and have sweated a lot, I drink more and also will have electrolyte juice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drink enough. I mostly drink coffee and water (usually flavored sparkling, but I try and get in plain ice water, too), with the occasional tea or alcoholic beverage. I don't tend to drink pop or juice.

However, once I have my coffee in the morning, I get busy and then realize hours later that I haven't hydrated. And sometimes I'll drink a ton of water before bed which is not the world's greatest idea. So I need to be better at spacing out and remembering to drink my water.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably don't,and I think that's because of the lasix I take.I do drink lots of water during the day,rarely tea,just my 2 cups of coffee and no soda,but with that charming little pill,it's gone.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go through like 2 week phases where I primarily drink pop, then another 2 weeks I just primarily drink water. I drink when I'm thirsty and not any set amount, which is what we are supposed to do as humans. If you have to force yourself to drink and it's a real struggle, that's basically your body saying it doesn't need hydration. The 8 glasses of water thing is a myth. Some people need more, some people need less.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born/raised and live in Arizona...You don't even go to town without plenty of water with you.
The eight glasses a day is an old wives tale in most places. But not here.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't drink enough on weekdays. With work, I often get busy, caring for the needs of the children and forget to drink, even though I keep a water bottle at work. I'm better on weekends.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I drink a lot of water. First thing in the morning I drink a small glass with electrolytes and trace minerals.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't drink as much as I should, but we have the good Sonic-type ice readily available at work. When I am working, I consume a lot of ice water. I love the ice there so much (even though it tastes like city water) that I think about it at home. I forget I don't have access to it all the time and have to settle for regular water. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink 2-3 bottles of Aquafina purified water and 2-3 bottles of Diet Coke a day. I don't know how much water a person is suppose to drink but I don't think sodas and coffee count as water.