Question of the Day, Saturday, March 25

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smell of a really clean house.. but I cannot do it all, anymore. I do things in stages.. It really does not come across as a "Spring" or "Fall" cleaning; but it gets done in spurts.

I have my cleaner wash down the blinds. I have to schedule her for that. She also insists on doing the windows, at that time. I can do them, but she insists.
As far as moving the furniture. That is a difficult task. I try, when I am able to.. but it more of a one piece at a time. The bedroom furniture cannot be moved.. I can imagine how much junk is under and behind them. At my age, moving furniture is very difficult.. I ate things on sliders, so some pieces are easier.

Occasionally, I will use the Swiffer to wipe down my walls, again, as much as I can; when I can..

So to answer your question: some things I feel needs to be done in the Spring and Fall. The rest are: catch as you can.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't necessarily do a "spring cleaning", but I do find I get inspired to clean more in the spring and summer when I'm more energized, and also can open windows to let fresh air in. Hopefully spring will get here soon, so I can get started. 🌷🌼🌺🌸🌹

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:flail::clapcat::runningcat::blackcat2:
Hahahahahahaha ……(large intake of breath)…Hahahahahahaha!!!
:spew:

We hire a cleaning company to do a deep cleaning each change of seasons. It's a splurge yes, but neither of us has the energy to do more than a perfunctory cleaning ourselves.
Which reminds me, I need to schedule it!
That's a great idea. We have window cleaners come twice a year but I hadn't thought of seasonal cleaners. Gotta check into that!

:running:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I Spring clean, but I do keep the house clean all of thew time, and tend to some small deep cleaning projects during the rest of the year, so Spring cleaning is not as bad.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally recycle any old magazines and newspapers still lying around the house from the winter. I'm in the process of re organising the living room and my bedroom right now. I recently got a new bookshelf to add to my expanding selection!