Question of the Day, Saturday, March 25

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Saturday!

Do you do any spring cleaning? What all do you do?

I'm still after Rick to help me move furniture in the computer room and in the bedroom, so that I can do a good cleaning. I used to be able to do it all by myself, but, with my knees, I must be a little more careful. Last year, right after I had that meniscus surgery, I moved all the furniture in the computer room by myself and it set my knee recovery back a bit.

But I love to do spring cleaning. Well, I love it when it's done. The house smells so good and fresh with freshly washed walls, and the floors scrubbed. After a winter of having all the windows closed, I love to open the windows while I'm cleaning and let the air inside. If we had a clothesline, I'd put our bed sheets outside to dry.

Do you like spring cleaning or would you rather not deal with it?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like the actual cleaning but I love having a thoroughly clean home. I took a few days off of work last month and we had a false spring during that time so I did most of it then. I like to do it when I can have the windows open, having the house aired out just adds to a thoroughly clean home.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to do a spring cleaning...sometimes it ends up being a "summer" cleaning though as it all depends on how much time I have.
I do a yard clean up, which is cleaning out dead stuff out of my flower beds and raking all the needles from my pine trees. I really need to start doing a good fall cleanup, but we get snow so early that sometimes it just doesn't work out.
As for the house, I usually go room by room and clean every surface ( incl. walls, windows etc..) top to bottom...I really need to do a good purge though...keeping things clean and "organized", by simply moving junk to another location of the house isn't really working! :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a spring cleaning plan that I do, but I do try to clear out stuff in the spring. My city has a bulky trash pick up every two years where you can get rid of large items like couches and mattresses and they'll get picked up for free, and it's happening this year, actually this week. So I have to move a broken loveseat and this dresser thing out of the cat room since I've been wanting to get rid of those things for awhile now. We get a lot of people driving up and down the streets on these days to see if they want to take things. I hope someone takes something of mine so I can get rid of something else because there is a limit to how much we can trash (there wasn't last time though).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sort of. I always feel perpetually behind in deep cleaning. Having the whole house fumigated last fall helped a lot. We do things like window and windowsill cleaning, cleaning vents, and cabinet tops/light fixtures. But not closets and shelves.

Maybe when my kids are grown? I thought it would be easier as they got bigger but now I’m driving them places all the time. :lol:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We hire a cleaning company to do a deep cleaning each change of seasons. It's a splurge yes, but neither of us has the energy to do more than a perfunctory cleaning ourselves.
Which reminds me, I need to schedule it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We hire a cleaning company to do a deep cleaning each change of seasons. It's a splurge yes, but neither of us has the energy to do more than a perfunctory cleaning ourselves.
Which reminds me, I need to schedule it!
I would do that in a heartbeat if DH agreed and it fits in our budget!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know that I clean much more in Spring than I do other times of year except maybe some extra dusting. There are some things like running the oven’s clean cycle that I usually do in the Spring when I can open the door or windows and I usually wash inside windows before putting screens in.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Still not entirely convinced Spring exists as another Pineapple Express is on the way. 🍍

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
No, spring cleaning was never a thing in my family. Plus it’s not such a tradition here, since we don’t have deep cold winters.
:yeah:
I'm more likely to do really physical stuff in the depths of Winter when the temperature is great.