Question of the Day, Saturday, June 3

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It used to be a tie between dishes and lawn mowing. But DH does that part of the yardwork so I haven’t had to in 20 years. And when our septic was out I got used to popping in my earbuds to hand wash some things. So now it’s scrubbing the bathtub and shower!

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dishes. Hate it so much. I once worked in fast food for 3 months while job hunting, and I washed dishes. I swore I'd never wash another dish that wasn't mine when I left.

Kirk#73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you fionasmom, muffy and JamesCalifornia. I'm not good at short notes, you can believe me on that!!!

Kirk#73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dishes. Hate it so much. I once worked in fast food for 3 months while job hunting, and I washed dishes. I swore I'd never wash another dish that wasn't mine when I left.
When I was in the Army in BCT (basic combat training) in 72. When I was assigned to KP in the mess hall. I had a choice of what to do, I chose pots and pans, why you ask, well there were worst jobs in the mess hall than pots and pans. One was DRO (dining room orderly) where the Drill Sergeants would scream for you to bring them a package of sugar or a lot of other demeaning tasks that most of the Drill Sgts. would get a big laugh out of. Pots and pans kept me busy for about 10 hrs. and we got to eat first instead of waiting until everybody else was finished. The cooks were pretty cool and would slip us tidbits of what they were fixing for the next meal plus fresh fruit anytime we had a few seconds to grab an apple or orange or banana. I was 22 when i went to BCT, which put me several yrs. older than the rest, so the cooks knew I had some experience in life that the others didn't. And I washed all those big pots and large pans with No gloves, oh my, probably why man hands now look like 10 miles of bad road. lol. Just my 2 cents on washing somebody else's dishes.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything. I really hate doing the trash though because that also includes cleaning cat boxes.