Question of the Day, Saturday, June 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you make your bed every day?

I make our bed most days. Some mornings, the cat or cats are in bed and I won't disturb them. That means that I may not get the made until around 10:30 or so, sometimes after lunch. Usually when the girls are eating their lunch, I'll run back and make the bed quickly.

What about you? Does your bed get made or not?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I make the bed every day shortly after we get up.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, every day. Although my husband came into the kitchen where I was eating breakfast yesterday and said, “Why did you only make half of the bed?” I looked at him and said, “Think about it.”

“Oh. Cat,” he said.

“And since she’s moved on, why don’t you pop back in there and finish it off?” :biggrin:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have never made my bed while I've lived in my house (so over 4 years) and I doubt I did it when I lived in my apartment. I see no point in doing it.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes gf does every morning then at some point during the day i mess it up again :lol:i cant help it im one of those people that like my blankets all bundled around me with my feet wrapped up then i remake the bed again

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, but it looks lumpy like I have a body hidden under the covers. (And yeah, I learned in CNA class, for my Applied Science degree, and yet again in nursing school. It just didn't stick. :frown:) DH was in the military and he makes the bed look like something from a home magazine. :rolleyes2:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes. When the top sheet gets untucked and wrapped up with the comforter then I make it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I make our bed most days. Some mornings, the cat or cats are in bed and I won't disturb them. That means that I may not get the made until around 10:30 or so,
Same here. I make it every morning after I get dressed, unless there's a cat and then I wait until His or Her Highness gets up, and then I make it.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I sort of make the bed daily. I throw back the comforter and top sheet to air it out for an hour, smooth the fitted sheet, fluff and rotate the bed pillows then pull the top sheet over the pillows and finally the comforter.

I only fully make the bed and tuck in the top sheet making hospital corners when I change the sheets weekly.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll pull the covers up so the cats are laying on top and not in the sheets during the day, but I "make" my bed before crawling in for the night. I have a thing for wrinkles...I hate them with the utmost passion and can't fall asleep if I feel one so I make sure everything's pulled nice and taught with top sheet folded over the bedspread in a crisp even line before getting into bed. Yes I understand I'm a bit weird and yes, I do have several OCD tendencies and yes, my husband rolls his eyes at me with the precision and care I put into having no wrinkles in the bed as I walk from one side to the other, smoothing out every layer one at a time, with him just standing there waiting patiently for the go ahead get in. :lol: