Question of the Day, Saturday February 4, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This question is brought to you from scrolling through my Facebook feed. :lol:

Do you edit/use filters on photos of yourself before posting them online or printing them out?

I admit that there was one picture I made my undereye circles look not quite as bad with Photoshop, but that's about it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't take pics of myself and don't participate in posting on social media...except for this site of course.
If I did, I may use certain filters to make the photo nicer, clean up the background and stuff, but I wouldn't make big changes that completely altered my appearance like pouf up my lips or butt or shrink my waist...or those filters that make eyes, skin and teeth look almost alien because the colors and imperfections are completely wiped. Man, people just look dumb when they're too "perfect".
If you want to remove a stray hair or cover a cold sore/pimple...fine...but for goodness sake, make yourself look real.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not filters, but photo apps, when I used to make whole assembled scenes as illustrations. Haven’t done that for years, though. I mostly crop my face out now, since I’m posting either pics of the cats or of finished knitting projects. Most I‘ll do otherwise is adjust the lighting.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes use filters - The ones that add a little subtle lighting pazzaz or different hue of colour that is flattering. I'm not very photogenic so I appreciate the help here and there when needed :lol:

But no photoshop-style editing where there is actual alteratoin, the only time I did is when I had dry speckles of skin around my nose and wanted to remove them in the photo. I had just overcame a bad cold so my nose was healing from all the redness! Otherwise it would also look like a bunch of unsightly boogers.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only posted one picture of myself, and that on this site, which was taken back in 1972. It was posted as-is, with no editing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, I don't post pics of myself on-line and I don't do social media either. I only share pics with close friends and family members.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only use filters when we are being silly. I rarely take pictures of myself and a filter isn't going to cover what I don't like about myself.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally only edit my pictures if I have a giant zit or some weird coloring happens in the picture. I don't use a filter unless it's something that has an end result of something hilarious. So many pictures on dating sites are of people using insane amounts of filters and it's kind of obnoxious. I've seen some people who don't even look human anymore because they think "flawless" skin makes them look better, but they just look like eyes, a nose and a mouth on a head-shaped, one-tone canvas.

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hate having my photo taken and I haven't got a clue how to edit them, other than the occasional cropping to eliminate something in the background.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the most part, no. If the lighting is bad, I occasionally change the lighting, but I do not use filters or anything like that. I do not see the point.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I post pictures of George Clooney or Brad Pitt and say I look just like them ... :camera: