Question of the Day - Saturday, December 1st.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning

It was my friend's birthday yesterday, so a bunch of us went out for supper.  We went to a seafood place called Joey's Only.  It was fun and the food was great, if you like seafood.  So...

Do you like seafood?

For the longest time, I hated seafood.  I'd have an occasional piece of fish but that was it.  Then I started to get older and tried a few more things.  Now I love it.

Last edited:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh man. I LOVE seafood. :lol3:

But I grew up on the Gulf coast, so now I'm sort of a seafood snob. I rarely get any down here in Orlando, but when DB and I go back home for a visit, we always have to eat at our favorite fish house. They catch all their own and clean it on site.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I love most seafood.  The one thing I don't like are scallops, to me they have no taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in, too, LOVE seafood, especially shellfish! Smoked salmon is good, too, but I'm pretty picky about fresh fish and how it's prepared - but if it's good it's very good! A friend of ours grills fresh salmon with lemon and butter and omg. I hear people around here say they hate seafood all the time, and I'm thinking boy are you living in the wrong place, lol.

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never used to be a big seafood lover but lately I'm really enjoying it. After Paul's Type 2 diabetes diagosis we've been trying to eat more seafood. I've always loved shrimp and scallops but lately we've been having more flounder, tilapia. Garlic herb tilapia from costco is really good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love it.  Lots.  LOL  I don't cook it much at home though.  DH and I usually end up doing a sea food place for our anniversary or birthday dinners (our birthdays are just a few days apart so we go celebrate both at once now).  

I've been craving this Cream of Crab soup a local place makes.  It's DIVINE!! 

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seattle native here, I was weaned on fresh seafood, love the stuff and miss it terribly.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seafood. 
 I wish my husband liked more seafood so I could eat it more. I've been to Joey's Only before (we have one here), it's pretty good. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It has to be fresh.  I asked at a fish shop recently whether some whiting was local, and they said 'yes, it's from Australia'

I have a friend who goes out fishing regularly and gives me some, and that is just perfect.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE seafood. One of our favorites to cook is bourbon salmon filets from Publix. I also love catfish, tilapia, flounder, trout, shrimp, scallops, clams, lobster, crab ... We usually catch our own blue crab down here :)

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like crab cakes, but not lobster. I like flounder, tilapia, mild fish. Love salmon sushi and most smoked fish. Not into scallops and oysters. Can live without shrimp but the fantail deep-fried kind is great!

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh seafood
  I grew up on the gulf coast too.  Nothing like some steamed or boiled royal reds and crab legs with corn and potatos! 

I pretty much love all seafood except for oysters "I just can't get past the look of it"

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Having grown up on the U.S. East Coast, I love seafood. DH is allergic to shellfish, though, so I don't get to enjoy some things like shrimp or lobster very often.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have lived all my life between two rivers of the east coast. I grew up eating seafood. In fact if it hadn't been for seafood, we might have been hungry in the early days. :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I both like seafood.

We love to grill and, in the summer, we try to grill shrimp often. Also salmon; for a while, we were eating salmon once a week, always grilled some way. I tried grilling crab legs for Rick one time and he loved them.....crab legs are probably his favorite. They are messy, so he doesn't often get them when we're out for dinner. I make them for him; that way he can take his time and enjoy.

I like pretty much anything but oysters and clams. When I was taking a Biogeography and Soils class in college, the class went to Chincoteague for the weekend. While we were out on the boat, the professor said he'd give an automatic A to anybody who ate a raw oyster, fresh from the water. A few of the kids did (and a couple of them really had to struggle to get them down, too), but when it was my turn, I looked the professor in the eye and said, "I'll have an F, please." He laughed, but no way was I eating a raw oyster....I can't even eat them cooked. (Got an A for the class, BTW) I will make oyster stuffing at Christmas for my sister....I can eat the stuffing, but not the oysters.

As for fish, we are big fish eaters. I just love catfish, grilled or blackened with Cajun seasoning. We eat tilapia, too; yes, I know it's a bottom feeder and a lot of people won't eat it for that reason. I like tilapia. I love fresh tuna, but Rick won't touch it. When our DS was younger, he spent a lot of time fishing in the creeks around here. We ate a lot of trout....I told him I would cook them, but he had to clean them. Rick's dad still fishes from time to time; when he catches enough nice-sized trout, he'll bring them home....he cleans, I cook. And they come for dinner. Not a problem.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rick and I both like seafood.

We love to grill and, in the summer, we try to grill shrimp often. Also salmon; for a while, we were eating salmon once a week, always grilled some way. I tried grilling crab legs for Rick one time and he loved them.....crab legs are probably his favorite. They are messy, so he doesn't often get them when we're out for dinner. I make them for him; that way he can take his time and enjoy. :)

I like pretty much anything but oysters and clams. When I was taking a Biogeography and Soils class in college, the class went to Chincoteague for the weekend. While we were out on the boat, the professor said he'd give an automatic A to anybody who ate a raw oyster, fresh from the water. A few of the kids did (and a couple of them really had to struggle to get them down, too), but when it was my turn, I looked the professor in the eye and said, "I'll have an F, please." He laughed, but no way was I eating a raw oyster....I can't even eat them cooked. (Got an A for the class, BTW) I will make oyster stuffing at Christmas for my sister....I can eat the stuffing, but not the oysters.

As for fish, we are big fish eaters. I just love catfish, grilled or blackened with Cajun seasoning. We eat tilapia, too; yes, I know it's a bottom feeder and a lot of people won't eat it for that reason. I like tilapia. I love fresh tuna, but Rick won't touch it. When our DS was younger, he spent a lot of time fishing in the creeks around here. We ate a lot of trout....I told him I would cook them, but he had to clean them. Rick's dad still fishes from time to time; when he catches enough nice-sized trout, he'll bring them home....he cleans, I cook. And they come for dinner. Not a problem.
Oh man. Fresh, raw, plain oysters are one of my favorite things. We lived very close to Apalachicola, where a lot of the good oysters in the US come from. I would have gotten that A. :lol3:

Seafood lovers should try wild-caught grouper and snapper whenever possible. That's some of the best fish on earth.