Question of The Day. Saturday 7th of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning and welcome to the weekend.

What is your guilty pleasure?

I have a few;

Very strong coffee with a huge spoonful of sugar in it. I know, I know, not the best choice health wise, but it sure helps me get things done in the morning.

Those YouTube videos that have people doing stupid things, falling off their skate boards or burning their eyebrows off. Stupid, pointless videos for kids, that help take my mind off of more serious matters for a few minutes.

Kicking through big piles of dry autumn leaves. It must be very irritating for whichever poor park keeper or gardener raked them all up, but I can't resist the sound they make.

What kind of things give you pleasure?

Hannah531

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've got a few;
-- Spicy food!!! It's not good for my reflux or my kidneys but moderation is key.
-- Aladdin. I could literally watch it on repeat.
-- Frogging a knitting project. (Unraveling basically) I hate doing it in terms of project progress but the physical feeling of pulling out knit stitches is very calming.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Re-reading a favorite book multiple times. I have some that I bought 20 or 30 years ago that I have read 3 or 4 times, or even more than that with some titles. It's like getting reacquainted with an old friend.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah531 Hannah531 I watched that and just sat here with my mouth hanging open! Holy crap!

Hmmm, I love to sit out on the she shed deck in the afternoon, close my eyes, and just listen. It's peaceful and a little bit of calmness in the world.
Agree with N NY cat man on rereading some books. It really is like visiting with an old friend.
Sitting in the back yard by the fire pit and watching the flames dance on the wood. I could (and have) sit there all night long. And not just the flames. When the flames die down and all I can see are red-hot coals that glitter and shadow, well, it just makes the best hot dogs!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thick cinnamon bread from Costco.
Afternoon nap.
Sitting on the swing in the morning on my patio in the warmer weather with a blanket if needed drinking a really good cup of coffee and just listening to and watching the birds.
Sitting on the couch with a blanket with one of my purring cats on my lap or beside me when I have tons of things to do.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Then the cat does a dump and you have to clean the litter tray..ruins the whole mood thing.
Cal does that after I've cleaned the box, groan
I'm with you on the coffee but without the sugar. A nice box of chocolates and a good book, that will do me nicely thank you.
Mush can't go without her chocs, tee, hee

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Starbucks vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso and half the normal amount of vanilla, I want to be able to taste the coffee. Paying almost 6 bucks for essentially espresso, milk and vanilla syrup makes it a guilty pleasure. I only allow myself one a week on Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Cheez-its. I love them. I squirrel them away in the cupboard, pull them out when my husband isn’t around, and stuff my face with them. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hazelnut creamer for my coffee,a steaming hot cup of my Zhena's tea with a big spoon of sugar,jordan almonds,reeses peanut butter cups,a big slice of cannoli cheesecake,a snuggle with a very purrful cat when I go to bed (or anytime),when my doxies Otter or Livvy crash for a nap under the dining room table and their heads are on my feet.......