Question Of The Day, Saturday 5th Of October.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Water from a stream, ocean, lake, etc. Very long grass moving in a strong breeze (sounds a lot like waves). A bonfire cracking. Birds chirping. Rain is a big thing with me, and so is thunder so long as it's not a "take cover and go to the basement" storm. (And, rain sounds incredibly loud on a tin roof in a metal barn. You walk outside and it's barely sprinkling when you were expecting to see Noah building an ark.)
I love walking into a chilly barn and turning the lights on first thing in the morning while it's still dark. The horses nickering is a cool sound.
Kids laughing, and laughing in general always makes me smile and as long as it's within normal daylight hours and outdoors, kids innocently hooting and yelling and basically being pains during some game isn't so bad. (It's not so charming later than about 9:00.)
Baby Girl squeaks when she purrs when she's very happy. I've recorded that sound several times because after she's gone some day, I never want to forget that sound.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Water from a stream, ocean, lake, etc. Very long grass moving in a strong breeze (sounds a lot like waves). A bonfire cracking. Birds chirping. Rain is a big thing with me, and so is thunder so long as it's not a "take cover and go to the basement" storm. (And, rain sounds incredibly loud on a tin roof in a metal barn. You walk outside and it's barely sprinkling when you were expecting to see Noah building an ark.)
I love walking into a chilly barn and turning the lights on first thing in the morning while it's still dark. The horses nickering is a cool sound.
Kids laughing, and laughing in general always makes me smile and as long as it's within normal daylight hours and outdoors, kids innocently hooting and yelling and basically being pains during some game isn't so bad. (It's not so charming later than about 9:00.)
Baby Girl squeaks when she purrs when she's very happy. I've recorded that sound several times because after she's gone some day, I never want to forget that sound.
:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:That last paragraph. Angel Rani didn't meow -- she "ikked" and angel Sishya had a tiny mew that captivated. How well I know never wanting to forget "that sound".

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:That last paragraph. Angel Rani didn't meow -- she "ikked" and angel Sishya had a tiny mew that captivated. How well I know never wanting to forget "that sound".
It amazes me because our smallest cats's meows sound like foghorns and our biggest cats have these tiny little peeps that you can barely hear. One of them sounds like a rusty screen door being opened and another sounds like a sad old man saying "ow". You hear a single meow and you immediately know who it is, what they're saying, and what's wrong.
But that little purr she has just kills me. I bonded with that little kitten in about 15 seconds. Never let anyone tell you you can't bond with a foundling in no time, because they're nuts.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The sound of Molli purring as she lulls us both to sleep. I love the sound of a purring cat.

Unfortunately, I have tinnitus now. I haven't heard complete silence in a long time. I miss hearing nothing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 I know!!! And I know when we get up there to join our loved ones, I will know the voice of each of my beloveds as I did here on earth. The incongruity thing is so bizarre! Our King Nicolas I, who weighed in at 22 pounds in his prime, had a tiny voice. I've always thought it was because we got him neutered as soon as possible, before he hit puberty, I guess. He could get loud, but his voice was very high-pitched and didn't fit with his physical appearance. Tarifa, on the other hand, is a small cat, but she BELLOWS and YELLS.
Norachan Norachan and Kat0121 Kat0121 Me too, bigtime!
IMG_0065.JPG

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Waves on the beach, waterfalls, birds signing, owls hooting, gentle cow moos....little kitty mews....