Question Of The Day, Saturday 5th Of October.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

What are some sounds you really like to hear?

I really like the sound of crickets chirping, frogs croaking and the sound of rain. Some other satisfying sounds are leaves crunching underfoot and the sound you get when you step on a frozen puddle and the ice cracks. Oh, and the sound of an espresso maker, just as the coffee is done. Sounds great and smells great too.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
This is very Thoreau, I can get lost in the woods listening to the rush of a stream, or the babble of a creek, the wind through the trees, the crunch of leaves underfoot, the chirping of birds. Just standing still a few miles into a hike and taking in the silence before hearing the ecosystem slowly return to life as you wait. Nature's symphony is the most beautiful thing that humankind can never come close to recreating.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Camp fires, thunder storms, bubble wrap, crunching leaves. And the squeak when you chew into a fresh chunk of a cheese curd. You know you are eating a good piece of cheese when it squeaks! YUM!
And Norachan Norachan , totally agree with cracking ice sounds, I never would have thought of that, but it is a cool sound!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats purring
Lily when she "talks" to me
Owls
Frogs after a rainstorm
Crickets
Ocean waves, especially at night
A rainstorm (when I'm NOT driving in it)
Sophie's soft snoring when she's snuggled up against me
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (best album of all time)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
For 'joyous sounds: The rosellas having a party while they use the bird-baths.. they're a riot :)
For peace, almost silence. I remember living in a huge city and not getting away for ages. When I returned to my home state I went way out to a place where there was a lake and simply sat listening to the water lapping at the edges. It was heaven.