Question of The Day. Saturday 5th of June

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, welcome to the super late version of Saturday's QOTD.

:popworm:

Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do you see each other often? How do you keep in touch?

I have a brother and a sister, but they both live thousands of miles away. My sister lives in the US and my brother in Australia. We hardly ever see each other face to face, last time I saw my sister was about 7 years ago and last time I saw my brother must have been around 12 years ago now. But we keep in touch with Skype and e-mail.

How about you?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a younger sister in Colorado and two younger brothers in neighboring towns. See one brother and my sister on holidays and a few other times, mostly phone calls and texts though. The other brother became somewhat of a recluse and I haven't spoken with him in years. He doesn't want to have much to do with the family. Is very paranoid about people, I blame it on a lifetime of smoking pot......

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 4 sisters- the oldest of them passed 6 years ago- and have 2 brothers; one 8 years older and the other 5 years younger. One sister lives with her husband out in Washington, so we keep in contact via e-mail. I see the elder brother every so often, but for the most part we each go our separate ways. The last time we all were together was for our sister's funeral.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One sister and one brother and we honestly rarely see each other or talk. A randon text now and then but that is all. The only time I see my sister is if we get together at my mom's house for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Brother lives in Florida so I never see him.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A younger brother and sister. Both in state. I get along fairly well with my brother, but sm not great at keeping in touch. My relationship with my sister is complicated, but we're civil at the moment, so that's good.

If J gets siblings I really want to be deliberate in how they're raised together and hope they'll be able to have good relationships. Fingers crossed I don't fail.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 older brothers no sisters, we all live in the same city within walking distance. My brothers live just around the corner from each other. I live about 40 minutes away. We keep in touch by phone and very occasionally we do go to see each other. Since covid I've only seen one of my brothers in person. But now things are getting back to normal I'll be seeing the others soon. On Friday I got a call from my youngest brother asking me if I was near my house. I was gutted he was at my door to show me his new grandson and I was at my daughters so he made the trip for nothing. We've been waiting until we all got our second jabs.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the eldest of 6! I now live in Germany, one sister emigrated to New Zealand so we don't meet very often. She keeps us all up-to-date via Facebook. Two brothers and two sisters are still in England. Three of us last met face-to-face for my mother's funeral two years ago. We are hoping to all get together when COVID 19 allows us to travel - we will then finally be able to scatter my parent's ashes. It seems that only a few years ago we were meeting for weddings 💒👰, and now its funerals ⚱. Mine next? Better not think about it! :headshake:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One sister and we are very close but she lives out-of-state so we only see each other once a year or every two years. We text almost daily and talk on the phone about once a week. She's thinking of moving in another year or two but hasn't made up her mind on location and not sure she could handle the cold winters here anymore. :biggrin:

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a little brother, 5 year age gap. We both still live at home, so we see eachother plenty😂 I'd say we have a pretty good bond. I've always been very protective over him and we never really have any serious fights, especially now that we're both a bit older. We do still love playfully teasing eachother. Me by making (frankly amazing) puns and innuendos, he by throwing pillows as a retort or poking me in the side. He really is my best friend and I'm the only one he's comfortably affectionate towards, like sitting on my lap or hugging. I love him dearly and will definitely miss him when one of us moves out.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one older sister by just over 2 years. We live about a 5 minute drive away from each other and talk & see each other periodically. We are close but not a call everyday kinda close. We are both not the "whatcha doing" type of people, so tend to only talk if there's something to say or going on. I actually have to call her as soon as I'm done here to tell her I picked something up for our Dad for Father's day...
I also have two younger step brothers, they are my Dad's wife's kids. They're good guys but we're not close. They came into my life when I was already a young adult and there's a big enough age gap, so we never really "bonded". I like them, but we only get together for family stuff.
And I guess I have a step sister.....she's my Mom's husband's daughter, but I've only met her twice in the 25 years or so that Mom's been with my step Dad (She lives out of town). She's not a nice person, and even my Step Dad doesn't see or talk to her much. My sister and I make up for it though...we try to make him feel appreciated and loved, even if his twit daughter can't be bothered.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a younger sister and a younger brother. They both live about 20 minutes from me. I'm a lot closer to my sister, and my brother and I have a kind of volatile relationship. There's a years-long family conflict that has changed from us kids against our parents to my sister, dad and I against my mom and brother in the last year, so my brother and I have had an ever changing relationship based on who is he mad at at the time.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the baby of the family.I have a sister who's 75,she still lives in NY and we chat pretty often.I have to clarify because she's my Mom's daughter.My Dad was divorcing when he met my Mom,and he had 5 sons and a daughter from that marriage who mostly cut him out of their lives after he married my mother.Then I came along in '52.There are 2 sons and his daughter left.I reached out to my other sister,but I guess it's hard....as for the boys...I tried and nothing.If they only knew how proud their Dad was of them.Makes me sad.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 4 stepsiblings and 2 ex-stepbrothers who I kind of count because our parents were married for almost our entire childhood.

I see one stepsister every 3-4 months. She lives about 3-4 hours away. I saw one stepbrother a couple years ago when he was passing through town. He’s a Naval officer so he’s excused. :lol2: The other two I haven’t seen in over 4 years since a funeral. I’m not even sure where one lives. My two ex-stepbrothers I haven’t seen in person in over 20 years; but we keep in touch on Facebook. They actually do still see my dad if they are in town. We all live a good distance apart though.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have one brother who’s five years older. We've never been close and have little in common (we also live in different states), but we pulled together when my dad was dying of cancer in 2008 and then again to take care of my mom the last few years of her life. We’re cordial at this point in our lives, but we talk maybe once a month. We haven’t seen each other since mom died three years ago.