Question of The Day. Saturday 5th of June

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Biological or not? :)

I was adopted. I have my older brother in the family who adopted me who is actually my first cousin. He is the one closest to me and whom I consider my only real sibling. His kids are like my own, and each time I travel, I bring him and his family along with us.

However, on my biological mother's side I have 3 brothers and a sister. With my biological father I have 1 sister and 2 brothers. They are just names to me. I have no real deep attachment.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had grown up with a lot of siblings, should have said 2 sisters as I consider Mush, V verna davies my sis.💖
Believe me, having a large family isn't all it's cracked up to be. I was the fifth of seven, so until little brother and sister came along, I caught all the grief both from parents and my older siblings. The Brady Bunch it wasn't.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe me, having a large family isn't all it's cracked up to be. I was the fifth of seven, so until little brother and sister came along, I caught all the grief both from parents and my older siblings. The Brady Bunch it wasn't.
My mom is the youngest of seven. Her family's always been a loving one, but I *did* hear a story just the other day about the time my uncle "pretended" to put her down the laundry chute.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the youngest of 5. My mother lost the first 3 as infants (we were all premature). The 4th, my brother David, lived and then I came along. I lost him 22 years ago.
I was almost the fifth of eight. My mother was walking between the house and cow barn when she slipped and fell on some ice. She was carrying what would have been another brother, but by the time the doctor got to the house, it was too late. Given that it was the late 40s, there was precisely zero chance of survival. I was only 2 or 3 at the time, but I was told of it by my oldest sister. My mother never spoke of it herself, at least not in my hearing.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
My brother tried to persuade my parents to take me back to the hospital after they brought me home. He asked, according to my mother, “Do we have to keep her?” He was serious. Set the tone for the next 30-plus years! :lol:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Brady Bunch it wasn't.
My mom is the youngest of 6. Her brothers used to bop her on top of the head---hard. She says that's why she's so short. She, in turn, would chase them with a knife, and once broke a chair over one brother's back, WWE style. One time her dad went to hit her mom at the dinner table, and all 3 teenage boys jumped him. Unfortunately they were late bloomers and he was a large man, so it still may not have been a fair fight. She says he had one boy the floor and was kicking him in the kidneys, the other 2 were hanging onto his back trying to stop him, and it looked like one of those pictures on a hunting magazine with dogs attacking a grizzly bear. She ran outside and didn't come back until bedtime, so she doesn't know how it turned out, except that everyone was still alive, which she was sort of surprised about.

From her stories, whenever I watch The Brady Bunch or Leave it to Beaver, I fully expect it to break out into Fight Club :cringe:.

I have 2 younger brothers, one 2 1/2 years younger and one 7 years younger. We get along fine. One lives with my parents (expensive divorce), so I see him fairly frequently, and the youngest lives about a half-hour away in the other direction, we text often and see each other maybe once a month or so. I don't think I'd want to live with either of them again but as long as we don't have to share our snacks or split chores we get along, lol.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sister who lives in another state. I used to visit but have not been able to thanks to my husband's health, and I miss her. We chat on messanger almost daily, sometimes zoom, sometimes phone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My brother tried to persuade my parents to take me back to the hospital after they brought me home.
Awww!
:hugs:

When my parents told my siblings that they were going to have another baby brother or sister my sister yelled, "But I wanted to get a puppy!" and burst into tears.

:lol: