Question of The Day. Saturday 4th of July.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Rose is too old-fashioned for a first name but it's perfect as a middle name, makes any name automatically prettier :).

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Marie. For no other reason than my mother liked the combination. My brother was the unlucky one. He got two names he hated. He goes by a shortened form of his (our) family name. The only problem with my first name is people don't know how to pronounce it. It has no i in it It is the French feminine form of John.
j

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also my neighbor when I was a child had no middle name. Her parents told her when she got married she could use her maiden name as a middle name.
j

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a middle name. It was my maternal grandmother's. I really do not care for it: Veronica.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Jeane. It's a combination of my grandmas' names (sort of). My dad's mom is Jean and my mom's mom was Jeanette so my parents added the E for Jeanette and made Jeane.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You must tell us!! It's your question, hee, hee
It's very ordinary, begins with an S. Before I was married my initials were LSD. o_O
I was told I was to sensitive in school when I would correct the teacher for misspelling it.
I remember, when I was about 7 or 8, our teacher talking about baptism. I piped up that I hadn't been baptised (My family isn't religious.) and she replied,
"Oh, don't be silly dear. Of course you have. You wouldn't have a name otherwise."
All the other kids in the class laughed at me. I was furious!
:lol:
Kastahelmi, my Finnish name. It means "Dew Drop" or "Morning Dew Pearl"
That's so pretty!
Growing up everyone I knew had a middle name so I felt cheated.
My father is the youngest of 9 brothers and sisters and he doesn't have a middle name either. He always told us his parents couldn't afford two names with all those kids in the family.
:lol:
Sunshine Morticia
Oh, very nice. You've got the Yin and the Yang with that name.
My middle name is Snow.
Beautiful!
I have two middle names and I bought them myself, so I got to choose them.
You were allowed to buy your own name!? Lucky you!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Lee. Basically I was named after the supermodel, Christie Lee Brinkley.
I like it and dislike it. I used to hate it because it was spelled "the boy way"
"Lee" is one of the most common surnames in Korea, so sometimes people see my full name and get very confused. If I ever married someone with the surname Lee I supposed I could be Christie Lee ²
I think Christie Lee has a good ring to it anyway.
My real name is Christina, which I don't like. It doesn't suit me. Christina seems too grown up, proper, and professional. Christie has always felt kind of California girl/punk rock to me. HAHA So Christina only appears on official documents, but Christie is what I use professionally and in my daily life.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a middle name. It was my maternal grandmother's. I really do not care for it: Veronica.
Aww, I love the name Veronica!

I think Rose is too old-fashioned for a first name but it's perfect as a middle name, makes any name automatically prettier :).
That's my middle name! My dad has three sisters and their middle names are Ann, Marie, and Rose. I have two older girl cousins on his side who got the Ann and Marie. I got the Rose after his youngest sister.

I've always liked my middle name. Definitely more than my first!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was named after my great aunt Elizabeth Anne,and it's never been a favorite of mine....but...neither was she.Long story.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Mine's Anne. I was named after Mom's best friend, but she later, after naming me, found out it really was Anna!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Snow. It's an old family surname, I'm told. But. . .my last name is such that it puts you in mind of a certain Disney Princess :/. So that's weird. My mom says they didn't pick up on that until it was too late, but how could you not? Plus my mom is fond of pointing out that I DO have "skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair as dark as ebony". So now I'm suspicious she did it on purpose. Oh well.
I always loved Snow as a middle name! One of my cats is named Evangeline Evayne Snow! It is so pretty and unique without being weird.

I once worked with a woman whose middle name was Windship, which was her grandmother's maiden name.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have a middle name before I was married. Talk about forms! If I left it blank, I got the form back telling me to fill in the blank. If I wrote in "None," then the name came back with "N" as the middle initial. So when I was divorced, I kept my married name. Don't have to wrestle with those forms anymore.

My mother said she never had a middle name, and NEITHER did Rosemary. She named my younger sister after herself, first, middle, and last.

If I had had a daughter, I would have named her April Rose. Instead, I got a daughter-in-law named April.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My middle name is the surname of my great great grandmother.. It has become a tradition on my family.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. My parents said my name was long enough without one.

My niece just graduated from high school and I watched the graduation online. I couldn’t believe how many kids had 2 middle names. It was a lot! I was wondering if it’s a regional thing. My nieces and nephews do not.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You were allowed to buy your own name!? Lucky you!
Nobody gave me permission, I just changed it! :lol: Since I was about 4 I’d not been keen on my name. It wasn’t very interesting, and even out of a small class of 12 children there were other girls with the same name as me, which I hated.

This all came up in conversation 10 years ago, and my boss at the time said “well if you don’t like your name why don’t you change it?” So I did! Although I liked my old middle name, I didn’t think it went with my new first name, so I picked out a new middle name. And then an extra bonus middle name at the last minute, because you only pay to change your name, not per name, so I wanted to get value for money (and I wanted something ‘spacey’) :lol:

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have one. Sometimes official stuff comes addressed with 'only' as the middle name. :lol:
You should treat yourself to a middle name for your next big birthday! I was going to add a new middle name every decade but my bank has already started shortening one of mine to just ‘B’ because it doesn’t fit :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My middle name is Sue. Pamela Sue. And when my mother said, "Pamela Sue!" well, I knew I was trouble. No special reason for the Sue, I don't think. I gave up my middle name to keep my maiden name as my middle name when I got married.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is James, after my dad. Every one called him Jim. I've never heard of a shortened middle name, have you?
I accidentally offended my husband when I was in the very early stages of dating him :lol:

His middle name is his dad's name- Jimmy. Jimmy was his given name, not short for James. So when I first saw B's full name, I asked him, why if your middle name a nickname? He said, it isn't? It's my dad's name. So I asked why his dad's given name was a nickname. He got mad. Lol!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Kay. Laura Kay. I really, really like it. I think it flows well. I don't know why they chose Kay, since no one in our family even has a K anywhere else in their name! I suppose they just liked it.

I'm very big on names having meaning to them. I've already told B that our future kid(s) names will have sentimental names as at least middle names. He doesn't want any of this parent's names to be part of their names, so I have free reign to be as creative as I want to be without going overboard. We have already determined male and female names for our first kids. Boy's middle name will be William, after my Papa, and if we have a female, her middle name will be Riggan, which was my Papa's mother's maiden name.