Question of The Day. Saturday 3rd of September

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. Happy Saturday.

Do you drink? What's your favourite tipple?

I like pretty much any kind of alcohol. I'm not a big drinker, I'm on the petite side so 2 drinks is about my limit. I like a couple of glasses of wine on my nights off though.

I really like South American and Australian wines. I drink red in the winter and white in the summer. I like beer too but I really only drink that at BBQ's and outdoor summer events. My favourite cocktails are the vodka based ones. Moscow Mule or Salty Dog.

Oh, and Bloody Mary! Halloween is coming up, so I'll be drinking a few of those soon.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I gave up alcohol several years ago after seeing what it did to a family member (who recently died as a direct result of his alcohol consumption). Most people can take it or leave it, but some can't and destroy their lives.

I do drink alcohol-free beer when we go out, though.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rarely. I can't even remember the last time.

I'm prone to migraines and have learned it just isn't worth it for me. I never was much of a drinker anyway so it's easy to avoid.  I do enjoy California Zins and craft beer but, alas, they don't love me. If I do drink, it's never more than a glass. I have a very low tolerance for alcohol.  

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not very often anymore.  I do like a margarita with Tex-Mex food.  I also like a glass of wine with a steak.  Every once in a while when working outside in heat and humidity I like an ice cold beer.  Now that I am back in an apartment that is rare.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very rarely. Alcoholism runs in the family and I don't want to tempt fate :tongue2:. It does make the hamster running on his wheel in my mind (all the time!) take a nap, lol, so I'm afraid I'll end up liking that feeling too much.

I also don't like most alcohol. I can't stand beer. Most wines either, only a very sweet and mellow wine, I don't care for dryness at all.

I do like a nice mojito. And most fancy fruity "girly" drinks are OK. If you can barely taste the alcohol I'll probably like it :lol3:. But the price! I can rarely make myself pay that much for a drink. So I have a drink maybe once or twice a year.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drank a lot of vodka and beer in my younger days. When I was 50 I gave up drinking for 12 years because I went vegan and now I'm on pain pills so I don't drink at all. Alcoholism runs in my family and that always worried me. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a drink after a rough day. Sometimes a glass or two of wine, sometimes liquor. I love Southern Comfort and a nice gin and tonic. Not more than two drinks, though, as it puts me to sleep.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy a nice drink in the evening. I have a two drink rule as I can't handle more than that. I really enjoy wine and beer tasting. Craft breweries have taken off here in the last few years and we love discovering new beers. I enjoy wine and matching wines to food. I wish I could afford to drink wine with every dinner, but it gets expensive in a hurry!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty much a lightweight too, so it's usually only two for me as well. I like wine, & used to could drink most, but I'm sensitive, & over the years I got to where I could only drink sulfate free wines, or I would get a headache. Now, after a few more years, I sometimes can't even do those. Funny, I have found that I can do a sweet, lighter wine & be OK.  The two I have found so far that I drink is the Riunitie Lambrusco, & that one is only 8%,vs/ the normal 12% in other wines, so maybe that's why I can do that one. So funny, I think that's the one I started drinking wine with way back in the day! LOL!  The other one is the Sutter Home pink moscato. The first time I tasted that, I said, "It' taste like I'm drinking flowers." 
  Their white moscato is good too, but taste more like the grapes. 

As far as liquor, my usual drink is a gin & tonic w/ extra lime!  Vodka & rum are good too. It just depends on what kind of drink you're making. In the summer, I LOVE mojito's!! The lime & mint together are SO yummy!!

I usually only have a drink or two on a weekend night.  I will rarely have a glass of wine on a weeknight, but I sometimes will. 

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love a good drink, just not as much as I used to and because problems with it run in the family I watch how much I drink now.

But I love a couple of glasses of red or gin and tonic is my absolute favourite.

I had the girls over for cocktails last weekend mainly involved cosmo's

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cut back incredibly on alcohol due to the calories and strong family history, and meds.... Buy decision... not that I was a drinker before, but my family history is strong and I take meds at nigh. so I have just cut back quite a bit...I very rarely have a glass of wine. I think I had one last week, after a meeting I attended. 

Wine would be my first choice. I do prefer reds, but do drink whites in the summer. Right now I have 6 bottles of wine in the house, which have been here for almost a year.. 

Yes, Mikes is nice on a hot summer day...

I cannot drink beer. It does not agree with me.. never cared for the taste of it...

In the winter, I do like to have a nice glass of American Honey(brand name)~ (Wild turkey mixed honey) on ice!! I am such a lightweight now that I even add a bit of water to it to tone it down.. 

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I like sweetish red wines, and a handful of mixed drinks.  Bloody Marys are on the list for me, as well.  I generally drink (including the wine) some 20 drinks a year,

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy a glass of wine at home or usually a margarita in a restaurant.  Occasionally a martini or rum and coke (like once in a decade
).  I don't think I've ever had enough to be drunk. That holds no appeal to me.  Not even when I was younger. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am a tequila girl. Always have been. I'll drink a couple glasses of wine if I'm with my sister, but not too much if I'm alone. I do like my Smirnoff Ice and will have a glass or two over cracked ice, esp if I'm eating pizza. My sister and I will be drinking Smirnoff with dinner tomorrow (unless she brings some beer; if she wants it, she'll have to bring it).

I don't drink beer and I stay away from any kind of rum. I don't even use rum extract in my baking.

My Dad was an alcoholic. It wasn't pretty watching him sober up in the hospital. He went through the DTs. I remember when my SIL and I had to "kill bugs" in the hospital room. Dad saw the bugs and it was our job to kill them. (There were no bugs; it was Dad trying to get sober.) Rick's BIL was also an alcoholic; that was ugly, too.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am a tequila girl. Always have been. I'll drink a couple glasses of wine if I'm with my sister, but not too much if I'm alone. I do like my Smirnoff Ice and will have a glass or two over cracked ice, esp if I'm eating pizza. My sister and I will be drinking Smirnoff with dinner tomorrow (unless she brings some beer; if she wants it, she'll have to bring it).

I don't drink beer and I stay away from any kind of rum. I don't even use rum extract in my baking.

My Dad was an alcoholic. It wasn't pretty watching him sober up in the hospital. He went through the DTs. I remember when my SIL and I had to "kill bugs" in the hospital room. Dad saw the bugs and it was our job to kill them. (There were no bugs; it was Dad trying to get sober.) Rick's BIL was also an alcoholic; that was ugly, too.

Go team tequila!! There's few things better than a good margarita. I think the best ones I've had are the ones I make myself

Cuervo 1800

Grand Marnier

Simply Limeade

Mix and pour over ice in a glass with a salted rim

I hate all beer. I like some wines. Not too sweet or dry though. I also like vodka mixed with pink lemonade when it's hot out.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Alcohol gives me migraines but if I am really careful, sometimes I can get away with a  Tanqueray gin and tonic or a glass of white wine.  This requires very slow sipping and a full stomach.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, not much of a drinker. I do use some wine to cook with from time to time.