Question Of The Day. Saturday 3rd Of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

Imagine you've been given a $500 Gift Voucher to spend at a store of your choice. Which store would you spend it at and what would you buy?

I could quite easily spend $500 at one of those huge sports shops. I'd get myself a pair of runners sun glasses, so that I could run during the summer without squinting. I'd also like a pair of sturdier running shoes. The ones I have now are a bit too light weight for running on the rough, stony tracks we have around here.

I'd also get some new yoga pants, you can never have too many pairs of yoga pants. If there's any money left after that I'd get a couple of blocks too. The blocks I have at the moment are covered in fang marks for some reason.

:dunno:

What would you spend yours on?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A new stove, which we've needed for at least three years! I hate the idea of replacing it before it's completely useless, but our microwave seems to be on its way out, too, so I haven't got any more excuses.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hoo wow, this is a tough one! My first thought was cat and dog items, but hey, this is a bonus so it should be for me, right?! I mean I already manage to get the cat and dog food, treats, cat litter, toys for all, so something special for ME would be nice. Not able to think, as putting ME first hasn't happened in some time!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd probably choose Amazon. There's an expensive cat tree that I'd just ADORE, though I'm not sure what I'd spend the remainder of the money on. I find it much easier to buy for the animals than for myself :rolleyes:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably a handbag at a Coach store. My favorite store for blowing money on myself is actually Bath & Body Works. I don't think even I could manage to spend $500 there, I would have fun trying though.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go to Kohl's and load up on towels, small kitchen appliances, and other items for the home. I need a new stove and dishwasher, too, but those will have to wait. I've been in this house almost 30 years, and everything is wearing out.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's a bonus; it's for me. I would get new speakers for my stereo. Not sure where yet, but we have a local sound store that I'd be checking out.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I might blow it all at Sur le Table. They're proud d of their stuff, but they have some kitchen goodies you don't ordinarily find. But then, there's Barnes & Noble and Bed Bath & Beyond...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably Lowes or Amazon. I'm working on creating a garden area in my backyard and just "scored" a bunch of free bricks and pavers from a neighbor. (I'm supposed to be outside leveling those bricks into place. :lol:) So I could load up on some plants and soil. I'd also like a gas grill. We can always find things we could use at Lowes.

Amazon; well what can't I get there? I'd love a laptop partially for our schooling but also when I need to go somewhere quiet to do work. I'm also looking for some kind of security camera system that can let me see who is at the door or in my driveway without having to look out a window. :popworm: I may not get one; but I'm looking anyway. :lol:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The RING system is a very reasonably priced security system. It has a motion sensor that chimes whenever someone comes near the door. This sensitivity can be set to cover a fairly large area. There is a very good camera that shoots a video of whoever comes to the door. For $30 a year, that video is retained for a year. The night vision is pretty good, too. The speaker lets you talk to them without opening the door. As a bonus, it will connect to your smartphone so you can answer the door remotely and the visitor will not know you aren't home. The doorbell has a unique chime, too. The price is around $200.Be sure it includes the inside speaker for the door chime. We got ours at Costco.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would probably go to Sears and buy a new stove and fridge. I know that's a lot more than $500.00 buy the $500.00 would help out. I really need both.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd choose L L Bean. i'd buy pairs of their bean boots, pathfinder shoes, and a pair of sneakers. they stand behind their products, have a lifetime guarantee. anything left over would be used for winter gloves or caps.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tough question. I would go to a high end shoe store and stock up. I have some shoes that I try to endure long enough to go to church. Since I broke my toe several years ago, it is harder to find ones that are comfortable. So I would get rid of the ones that hurt and buy a whole new stock.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That is a tough question - do I spend it on myself or so many of the things I need to replace in the house? We desperately need a new fridge so maybe put the money towards that or a new patio set which we've wanted to replace for years.

Marasoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hoo wow, this is a tough one! My first thought was cat and dog items, but hey, this is a bonus so it should be for me, right?! I mean I already manage to get the cat and dog food, treats, cat litter, toys for all, so something special for ME would be nice. Not able to think, as putting ME first hasn't happened in some time!
Hi, i'm new here on cat site. May i ask.? Are they all you'r pets ? . I'm only allowed 1 where i live. Its probably good or i'd have a couple dozen. Now for the question, my first thought is my cat & family. First i'd buy my cat eli, a big beautiful cat tree. Maybe 2, one inside and one for the patio. That should cover the 500$ .

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I feel guilty spending money on myself. But I think I'd treat myself to some new bras, and buy lots and lots of pecans and go on a baking binge!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The RING system is a very reasonably priced security system. .
I will look into that one! Thanks!
Hi, i'm new here on cat site. May i ask.? Are they all you'r pets ? . I'm only allowed 1 where i live. Its probably good or i'd have a couple dozen. Now for the question, my first thought is my cat & family. First i'd buy my cat eli, a big beautiful cat tree. Maybe 2, one inside and one for the patio. That should cover the 500$ .
Hi and welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm not sure about your question; but I have 2 cats here at home. :) Please come introduce yourself and Eli in our New Cats on the Block Forum. We always love pictures too! :agree: