Question of The Day. Saturday 30th of May

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello.

:wave3:

Have you noticed that since we've all been forced to spend more time at home you've been getting a lot more e-mails from friends you thought you'd lost touch with? I have. I've had messages from people I haven't seen in years, as well as longer and more frequent skype chats with the people I do keep in touch with.

Who is you oldest friend? Where did you meet? Do you still keep in touch regularly?

My oldest friend is someone I've known for almost 25 years. We met in the UK and hit it off right away. Even though we haven't lived in the same country as each other for ages we still chat whenever we can. We've been known to keep talking for over two hours, until the time difference forces one of us to bed. She's been to visit me in Japan twice and I'm hoping she'll come over again when it's possible to travel.

How about you, who is your oldest friend?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest friend and I met back in 1972. We've lived on different continents for about 40 years, but have kept in touch, first by weekly or monthly letters and occasional phone calls, then by e-mail. Nowadays we chat a couple of times a week.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's hard to say, I'm still friends with a lot people from childhood, but not in the same level as it was when I was younger. I'm still friends with my childhood best friend, but we aren't close anymore. I also am still friends with my high school best friend, but again we aren't as close as we were. I'm still really good friends with her sister though. I suppose though, my sister would be my oldest friend in a way since I've known her since she was born 31 years ago.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest (non-family) friend's name is Mandy. We met at church when we were in the 4th grade. She was my first real best friend. We stayed close through 8th/9th grade; even though I moved right as 7th started. We mailed letters at least once a week unless our Moms said we couldn't use any more stamps until the end of the month. That was AWFUL to us. One year my Aunt sent me a book of stamps for my birthday and I thought it was AWESOME! :lol:

We keep in touch a bit via social media. Not as much as we used to; but she has moved to another country and stays busy with her family there. I am VERY proud of how far she has gone in life. She used to talk about becoming a teacher and she did it. Last I knew she had a position developing STEM/STEAM curriculum for the area she lives in. It's nice that technology helps us stay connected.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had many friends as a kid- too much of a loner, I guess- and the few I had have mostly passed on or moved away. My oldest friend, therefore, is the woman I married, and that goes back 50 years- although 59 years ago, I wanted to kill the red-headed terror in coveralls and braids.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm friends with someone I "met" through Catster maybe 10 years ago. We "talk" every night on a private message board. Sometimes we text each other.

The only long friendship I had previously was someone I knew from first grade up until maybe freshman year of college. We just kind of drifted apart and didn't stay in contact.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I left school my senior year due to pregnancy I lost contact with many of my school friends. But I did reconnect with a few and remain in touch. Because we are now half way across the US from one another it isn’t more than Facebook and email. I also have a work acquaintance from nearly 40 years ago that I still get together with.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend is my twin sister; best friends since birth. :lol:
Besides her, we both have the same best friend. We met her through church after her family moved when my sister and I were around five or six. We still keep in touch through texting and video calls.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reconnected with my 2 high school best friends on Facebook, Nicole and Nichola. We met in high school.

I also reconnected with my guy best friend from my early 20s. We met playing foosball at a bar. He's one of my favorite people on the planet. I hope he'll want to get together for lunch/dinner, but I disappeared for 20 years, so it's hard to get the friendship back.

Also a girl from church, Tonya, that I used to go camping with as a kid. She wants to take walks together when the quarantine is over , and she invited me to swim in her pool.

I chit chat with all of them on Facebook, at least a few times a week, sometimes daily.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest friend is a girl I met in middle school. I used to say her mother was my second mom. 😊 Although she lives in a different state we still keep in touch and remember each other's birthday. I see her every few years when she comes home to visit relatives.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still friends with a girl I met in elementary school,and we pretty much went thru the grades together.I'd say we have known each other close to 60 years...we are both 67....and we chat just about every day.