Question of The Day. Saturday 2nd of January

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Disney parks, been to Tokyo when I was much younger and Hongkong Disneyland recently and always never ceases to amaze me. Maybe it’s the child in me that remains somewhere in there and refuses to die. To me, it will always be a magical place to be.

Universal Studio in Singapore is also one of my faves. But I love Disney parks more.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you had asked me this 5 years ago I would have said NO!! :lol2: Heat and crowds are generally 2 of my least favorite things. I don’t hate rides; but I’m not a roller-coaster junkie either. I DO love water slides!

But 4 years ago my mom, stepdad and I took the kids to Disney World. It was...AMAZING. Exhausting but so magical. The look on DD’s face when she saw Cinderella’s castle and DS’s reaction when he met the talking Mickey! Priceless is an understatement. He was on cloud 9 and even the cast members were in stitches with him. I regret not videoing it!

We went there week after the last election; so I don’t know if that cut down crowds but they weren’t terrible even with a stroller. So many attractions were inside so that helped too. I was surprised at how educational you could make a trip. I appreciate the attention to detail in the park. And the cast members. I know its not an easy place to work. My kids managed not to melt down but so many do because it’s overwhelming to little guys. DS got close once but one cast member noticed and he pulled out some bubbles and started blowing them with DS. Meltdown avoided! :lol2:Someone collecting trash saw us looking at our map and stopped to help. You don’t see that at other parks. So yeah its expensive...but man I’m ready to go back! I need a real magical vacation again! 🤪😭

Also; Disney at Christmas is STUNNING!!
277F52B3-655E-4DE8-B6F0-4E5580FE87A6.jpeg

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been to theme parks out of state, but I've been to Knotts Berry Farm several times. It took me a while, but I've built up a tolerance for roller coasters. I did enjoy going to Universal Studios and seeing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and getting to go on the studio tour. I went to Disneyland once as a kid but I don't remember very much. I would love to go again, though. Overall I'd have to say Knott's is probably my favorite, though :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Strangely, I'm okay with that one too-I think it's because it's mostly dark, so I can't actually see the height.
That would be the worst kind for me. If I can't see where I'm going and brace myself for a sudden swerve left or right I get really queasy.
In Japan we went to Huis Ten Bosch a few times
I've heard that's really good! Never been there myself, but a lot of people tell me it's worth a visit.
Luna Park is a classic.. built in 1912 and still has the same facade.
Funny you should mention that one. I got the idea for this question after watching a documentary about theme park disasters and the fire at Luna Park was one of them.
We went on the swings and the viking ship a few times. Each time the Viking Ship swung, this really concerning screeching noise came from the hinges.
Viking ships! I remember them. I used to ride on one at a sea side resort my grandparents took us to a few time. I can't remember where it was now, somewhere in Wales maybe.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to go to Glen Echo and Marshall Hall amusement parks in the DC area when I was kid. As an adult I've been to Hershey Park, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens and Disney World with my nephews when they were young. As an adult I did not care for the crowds, heat and the long lines. Also the rides scared the heck out of me.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glen Echo was the place to go when I was growing up. The first Disneyland hadn't been built yet. Glen Echo is small compared to today's amusement parks, but I loved it and we usually went once a summer.

I've been to Six Flags in Atlanta once and the Six Flags in Gurnee, IL, several times. My favorite ride was the carousel. I got on the tilt-a-whirl in Atlanta and it made me sick. I used to love it. I don't think I could ride any of the rides now that I'm older. I did enjoy the shows at Six Flags. We also went through Lion Country Safari near Atlanta, too, and I really enjoyed that.

We also went to Silver Dollar City in Pidgeon Forge, TN. Dolly Parton bought it a year or two later and turned it into Dollywood. It had a small train with a steam engine that took you on a ride through the mountains. The kids and I really enjoyed that.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big theme park person because I suffer from vertigo so roller coasters, helter skelters etc have never been for me, but I do enjoy the Winter Wonderland in London and had a lot of fun at the Efteling in Amsterdam.