Question of The Day. Saturday 28th of November.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually go to a family member's house for dinner and gifts, but this year it is looking less like that will be happening. If it does happen to work out, then I'll be going to my sister's house.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's normally about 20+ of us at Christmas as we have my cousin's in laws, so we normally go out to eat (often to the local pub) as it's too much to cook for all of us. This year will be much smaller for obvious reasons and we're having just the closest relatives, and are seeing the others on Zoom.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't celebrated Xmas since I was 5. I do remember going to my Grandma's Xmas and Thanksgiving parties before that, it was so much fun seeing the cousins and all the wonderful food.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
let's just say, I'm not that disappointed if we hunker down and don't see anyone!
:lol: We're like that too! My husband used to have work (healthcare) as an excuse to get out of Christmas Day celebrations, so once he retired I had to make sure I was scheduled to work at the animal shelter on Christmas and Boxing Day. His family is the type to celebrate the 24th, 25th and 26th, which can be too much togetherness.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Korea's half Buddhist, half Christian, so we get Christmas and Buddha's Birthday as holidays (nice). Typically, English schools also schedule their winter breaks during that time, so I have a whole week off from Christmas to New Year's. I don't have anything planned for the actual day. It's more a couples' holiday here and I am not in a couple. HA. I'm planning to get a skin treatment sometime during that week off since my skincare lady said it'll take a couple of days for the redness/peeling to heal. I might see if I can get some dental treatment done, too. Might as well be uncomfortable all at one time instead of spreading it out. Not exactly a fairytale Christmas, but we get so little vacation time here that gotta use it productively.

Back in the states, it's usually Taco party and gift opening on Christmas Eve (and back in the day the late night Christmas mass) then "Santa" gifts on Christmas morning followed by going to see a movie or a play. My mom had a falling out at her church so she stopped dragging us along finally.
1606727188464.png

As you can probably imagine, we really fit in at church (that's literally what we wore that year. I was in 8th grade, my brother in 10th)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It will just be Rick and me this year. I talked to our son yesterday and he understands. He said that his in-laws are doing the same thing, just mailing cards with checks for everybody. They're a little older than we are, so they're being careful as well. He did ask me about those blasted chocolate crinkle cookies and I said that I'd mail them down. to which he replied, "Well, since you're mailing them down, feel free to add any other cookies that you make! And anything else!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Korea's half Buddhist, half Christian, so we get Christmas and Buddha's Birthday as holidays (nice). Typically, English schools also schedule their winter breaks during that time, so I have a whole week off from Christmas to New Year's. I don't have anything planned for the actual day. It's more a couples' holiday here and I am not in a couple. HA. I'm planning to get a skin treatment sometime during that week off since my skincare lady said it'll take a couple of days for the redness/peeling to heal. I might see if I can get some dental treatment done, too. Might as well be uncomfortable all at one time instead of spreading it out. Not exactly a fairytale Christmas, but we get so little vacation time here that gotta use it productively.

Back in the states, it's usually Taco party and gift opening on Christmas Eve (and back in the day the late night Christmas mass) then "Santa" gifts on Christmas morning followed by going to see a movie or a play. My mom had a falling out at her church so she stopped dragging us along finally.
View attachment 360520
As you can probably imagine, we really fit in at church (that's literally what we wore that year. I was in 8th grade, my brother in 10th)
Oh man I remember when that was the style. :lol: I promise you wouldn't have been the only ones dressed like that at my church. People would have just thought you were my BFF's friend. Anything from jeans to suits are common in our little church. Which is extra nice for me in this stage of life. I'm not buying dress clothes to wear once a week max. ;) And shoes. That's worse than the clothes.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man I remember when that was the style. :lol: I promise you wouldn't have been the only ones dressed like that at my church. People would have just thought you were my BFF's friend. Anything from jeans to suits are common in our little church. Which is extra nice for me in this stage of life. I'm not buying dress clothes to wear once a week max. ;) And shoes. That's worse than the clothes.
Haha, yeah, all things considered if I had to be raised going to church I'm glad we always went to progressive Lutheran churches that weren't sooo strict on appearances and etiquette. We had some cool pastors for a while, but they got more and more conservative as time went on, oddly. Eventually my mom got kicked out of the church book club and that was kind of the end....How do you get kicked out of a church book club?????

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What did they say the reason was?
As far as I know, my mom had an opinion about a book that went against what the leaders of the group thought, and it wasn't the first time. I think the leaders wanted everyone to agree with them. My mom can be pretty stubborn, and I guess they didn't like that. I don't know for sure, but a similar thing happened to me when me and my roommates got kicked out of our college anime club (lol)...so I could see how it could've happened.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s kind of nuts. I mean I doubt she was pushing 50 Shades of Gray. 🤪 :lol: Too many times people in leadership positions really aren’t ready for it. Churches can be no exception. My church isn’t perfect; but we had it pretty great there as teens. My mom once punished me by not letting me go to the youth group.:flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm planning to get a skin treatment sometime during that week off since my skincare lady said it'll take a couple of days for the redness/peeling to heal.
I've heard Korea is the best place to get any kind of esthetic skin care done. One of my students went to Seoul as a graduation present after she finished college and she came back just glowing! I think she must have spent the whole weekend having her skin buffed and moisturised.

:lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard Korea is the best place to get any kind of esthetic skin care done. One of my students went to Seoul as a graduation present after she finished college and she came back just glowing! I think she must have spent the whole weekend having her skin buffed and moisturised.

Korean skin care products are well known for their quality.

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I get a facial every other week and it's pretty amazing. 1.5 hours of professional grade cleansers, toners, peels, moisturizers, and a calming/cooling mask for the skin plus a head/neck/chest lymphatic massage. The bed you lay on is heated too, which is just *chef's kiss* And that's just the most basic package (about 35$ per appointment)
Thankfully the place is right in my little neighborhood because every time I've finished I'm like half asleep and in a daze from being so relaxed haha