Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day. Saturday 27th Of October.

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Norachan, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Over. And the same applies to the paper towels in the kitchen. OVER, darn you, Spouse! Who does the cooking around here, huh? Do you ever want to eat again? :)

raysmyheart purraised this.

2. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Over.

I never had a cat that was interested in playing with toilet paper, but I think that would be a lot of fun.:runningcat:

1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

3. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Yeah, mine bite it and shred it if it's hung up so it doesn't matter which way it's rolled. If someone had a cat that just unrolled it, putting it backward would help.

Just when I think all the cats have outgrown shredding the TP, I try to hang it up and they do it again. . .
    Not really! TP is hard to vacuum up :D.

4. allmykitties

allmykitties TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 8, 2016
    southern IL
    Over ... I have never known a cat interested in the roll, and over just seems correct.

raysmyheart purraised this.

5. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    Using swiss cheese paper isn't all it's cracked up to be! :lol2:

raysmyheart and Tobermorey purraised this.

6. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    When I brought Iris and Lily home as kittens 14 years ago, I had to put them in the bathroom the first night so I could get the house more kitten proofed. The next morning when I opened the door, I saw a huge pile of toilet paper, four ears, a tiny paw or two, a tail, and that’s it. They never did it again with the toilet paper, but one of them—Lily, I think—got the end of the paper towel roll and managed to unroll it, without tearing, from the kitchen, around the corner, and down the hallway. But still, it’s over for both TP and paper towels. :)

muffy purraised this.

7. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    Same here. Mowgli will destroy an entire roll that's "over". It's not nearly as much fun when it's "under".

8. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I always knew you were a heathen

:catman::hugs:

Over. It's obviously the only right way.

Columbine and 1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

9. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    I don't care. As long as there's a roll, I don't care how it goes. When Rick puts a new roll on, he'll put it on so it's over. I like to hassle him sometimes, so I'll change it under. But really, I don't care. If it's there, I'm fine.

When Banshee was alive, we had to put it under. She loved to unroll toilet paper. I walked into the bathroom one day and she was sitting there in a nest of paper and happily unrolling more. I looked at her and said, "Seriously??" and she said, "YES!".

10. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    treadmill.jpg

Tobermorey purraised this.

11. m3rma1d

m3rma1d NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Super Cat

Oct 12, 2018
    Maine
    OVER!!! And I'm the jerk who fixes it when I visit anyone who hangs it wrong. :)

muffy purraised this.

12. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    If anyone ever did that to me, they would be peeing outside in the bushes.

Mother Dragon purraised this.

13. aliceneko

aliceneko TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 28, 2017
    London, England
    It seems like I'm one of the only "under" campers here! Over looks weird to me, haha.

JamesCalifornia purraised this.

14. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Top Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    We switched to under many years ago when Two-Stroke not only unrolled a monster roll, but then trailed it through the upstairs hall, down the stairs, around the entryway, and into the back hall. It's sad when the cat teepees your house. We forgot once and hung it over. One of the cats shredded it into confetti and spread it all over the upstairs and the stairs.

The three kids we have now leave it alone, but we don't dare leave a roll of paper towels in Darwin's reach. He wraps himself around it and disembowels it, leaving shreds of towel everywhere. We always know when he's been up to this mischief because there are bits of paper towel in his whiskers and claws. He's totally unrepentant.

Tobermorey purraised this.

15. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    Over. But I don't worry about it too much. ;)

Something I read a few weeks ago that had me laughing..."if you're at someone's house and their bathroom has no toilet paper, that's OK, you can just slide down the banister." :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
    (I don't recommend trying it.)

JamesCalifornia purraised this.

16. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ :poop:I switch it around so things don't get boring

´:eek: " !" ~>
    ."If you're at someone's house and their bathroom has no toilet paper, that's OK, you can just slide down the banister."

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

17. carebearbaby1

carebearbaby1 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 9, 2013
    Over, always over.

18. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    But what if you have one of those freestanding vertical paper towel holders? It doesn't matter which way the roll is placed on the holder then.

19. RajaNMizu

RajaNMizu TCS Member Alpha Cat

May 28, 2018
    I'm feeling like one of the only people who not only does not care but I couldn't tell you right now which way it's hung. No clue. At any rate, guess I'm making my guests randomly happy or unhappy depending on their preferences.

20. Tobermorey

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Ah, but it did matter for me when I had one of those! I had the paper towels coming from the right because it was easier for me to grab and rip with my right hand. It wasn’t so much a sense of “wrongness” as it is for the over/under question but of practicality! :)