Question Of The Day. Saturday 27th Of October.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A simple question for you today, but one which has led to arguments, broken friendships and divorce.

What way should the roll of toilet paper be hung? Over or under?

upload_2018-10-27_20-57-51.jpeg

I hang it "over", but it doesn't bother me that much if it's hung the wrong way.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over. In the middle of the night I like to be able to spin it a little bit and have paper come easily out. It won't do that the other way. Itr really annoys me when it is the other way, because you have to fight to find the end of the paper, taking way longer than it should!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over. Our cats aren't interested either.

My parents will do it both ways, thus probably don't care, but I've been known to turn it around at their house if I find it under.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Where the toilet paper device is located is hard to get to in my main bathroom. But when I do put some there, I put it the only correct way! Over! :p

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over. Our cats tend to leave the rolls alone when they are on the hanger, but one of them (I am looking at you, Estella!) will open the hall cabinet, get out a pack rather than a single roll, and sacrifice it in front of my son's door if he is away for too long with his door shut.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Over. I don't like fishing around for the end. Especially in the middle of the night.

My girls always bit the entire roll; so under or over didn't make a difference for us! They only do that now when they get locked in the bathroom and get bored.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Over, if it is on a roll. But (surprise!) I have cats which have access to the bathroom. So I have a holder that is a long spindle that holds 4 or 5 rolls with a cat on the front and back. They don't bother the rolls and I just pick up the roll. Cat owners adjust.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over. My cats never bothered it. My sister puts it under and I change it to the right way when I use hers. I guess she does not care as she has never said anything.