Question of The Day. Saturday 25th of January.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Socks and slippers in cool/cold temps, and my open toed slippers (no socks) in warm temps. I HAVE to have something on my feet when indoors, I can't stand the feeling of stuff on my feet and I feel every little bit of dust, lint, grain of sand etc (even thru just socks...hence the slippers too)...Surprisingly, I can go barefoot outside, I think because the uneven dirty ground makes it so that my whole foot is stimulated by something, it doesn't stand out as much as when I'm indoors. Unless I step on a sharp rock or pointy stick of course...I'm like the princess and the pea personified, it's quite annoying.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always barefoot at home. When I get home from work, I change into my pajamas right away (unless I'm going somewhere else) and the socks instantly come off. I just hate wearing socks. Even though I live in Minnesota, I will always prefer being barefoot at home.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first get up,I wear my dearfoams...love those slippers.That's year round.When I get dressed and the weather is cool,it's socks and crocs.In warmer weather,it's crocs flip flops.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to go barefoot or with socks in the winter. When I was having foot pain I got in the habit of wearing either crocs or sneakers. So now I mostly wear my croc slides. They are a little less clunky version. Freesail maybe? They have a cute pink tropical print. I won’t wear crocs out and about; but they are comfy and great for the garden!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go barefooted pretty much all year round. But we don't have that much cool weather here, so I rarely have to worry about keeping my tootsies warm. :wink:

To be honest, these days I mostly go barefooted out of necessity, rather than personal preference. I'm a klutz, and I've broken my toes so many times it's not even funny. So wearing socks and/or shoes can be a bit painful. Thankfully, I can usually get away with wearing flip flops or sandals when I need to leave the house. :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I wear Uggs or walking/running shoes most of the time. I have tender feet and don't really like going barefoot anyway. I also have the same kitty litter problem that Winchester Winchester does, and back when we had the elder cats around, I stepped in various kinds of cat liquids :barf:one too many times. I even stepped on a dead mouse once. :cringe: