Question of The Day. Saturday 21st of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

How long have you lived in the town you now live now? What's the longest you've ever lived in one place?

I've lived in this part of Japan for ten and half years now. More than six years in this house and four years in the house before this one. I think that must be a record. The longest time I spent in one town before this is about 9 years in Bristol, UK. I call it my home town, but I didn't move to Bristol until I was 12 and it was more of a home base while I was a student.

So this part of Japan is a clear winner.

How about you?

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived in the city and surrouding area here for almost 43 years. I'm in a suburb now, the same one for 30 years. In my current house for 24 years.
Before that I was in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; and before that Houston, Dallas, and Tulsa as a child.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve lived in this town in Oregon for almost six years. The longest time I lived in one town was 15 years, from age 6 to 21. I’ve lived in 25 different homes (not including the two dorms and one apartment in college) in 10 towns or cities and seven states (eight if you count college). This is it. I’m not moving again!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved into my house 8 months ago. The longest place I lived in was my childhood home. My parents sold it almost 3 years ago after living there for 37 years. I lived there from birth until college (coming back for summers), moved into my own apartment at 26, moved back at 28 and then was there until they sold it when I was 31.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

How long have you lived in the town you now live now? What's the longest you've ever lived in one place?

I've lived in this part of Japan for ten and half years now. More than six years in this house and four years in the house before this one. I think that must be a record. The longest time I spent in one town before this is about 9 years in Bristol, UK. I call it my home town, but I didn't move to Bristol until I was 12 and it was more of a home base while I was a student.

So this part of Japan is a clear winner.

How about you?
the longest i have ever lived in once place would be when i was living with my family down in texas .... Im a true texan that has been transplanted in michigan ..... i have been in marshall michigan for nearly 7 years as of next april

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in my hometown for 55 years. When I married my husband, we began remodeling/flipping houses while working our main jobs, and I moved over 20 times in the same town. When he became sick because of West Nile and almost died, we moved to his hometown, closer to his family, not too far away, 10 years ago. He slowly got better and we are still doing houses, 4 so far here. We finally live on an acreage in a beautiful 1930's dutch colonial. And guess what, even out here away from everyone, we have two more outside cats show up!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am split with almost equal time between Florida (I grew up there) and Massachusetts, with a year in Pennsylvania. The longest I have lived in a house is the current one, 281/2 years. I told my husband when we moved here it was the last time. He has had jobs that required us to move often if we wanted to be with him. He was a sales consultant back then, staying at most 4-6 months at a dealership before moving on.