Question Of The Day. Saturday 20th Of October

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello,

I've just been watching a documentary about the police in the UK and it gave me an idea for a question....

What's the worst trouble you've ever been in?

I've managed to avoid getting into any serious trouble, but I remember almost getting arrested once.

My friends and I used to hang out in a little square near to a block of flats. We liked it there because there were plenty of low walls to sit on and it was a good place to meet up before moving onto wherever we were going that evening. The residents didn't like us being there though. If there were ever more than three or four of us or if we stayed for longer than about 30 minutes the police would get called and we'd be told to move on.

One night I was sitting cross legged on the ground chatting to two of my friends who were sitting on a wall. A police car drove past and my two friends stood up and hurried away. I stood up to follow them but then ended up flat on my face. My legs had gone dead because I'd been sitting on the floor for so long.

:disturbed:

The police came over and started asking how old I was and if I'd been drinking, all kinds of questions like that.

I was really worried that they were going to arrest me and I hadn't even been drinking. I was about 17 at the time, so it would have been a problem if I had.

Eventually they told me that it was too much paper work to book me that time, but if they ever got complaints about us being there again we'd be charged with loitering.

So there you go, not much of a hardened criminal, am I?

:wink:

What about you, any brushes with the law?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When I was in my teens, some friends and I asked a guy who was standing around outside a bar to buy some beer for us. He went inside, robbed the bar, and tossed us some beer on his way out! We didn't know whether to make a run for it when an alarm went off and people came rushing out, or stay and give the police his description. Luckily they ignored our being under age and didn't inform our parents about what we'd been up to. :lol:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I've ever had run ins with the law. The nearest I can get is when I got hit by a cab (totally my own fault), and the police had to take a statement :paperbag:

(I should add that I was perfectly ok - just one fractured toe and a trashed ankle boot where the wheel got me;) I was more embarrassed than anything....especially as I happened to be just in front of the gates of the pedestrian hospital entrance, but they insisted on taking me round to the ER entrance by ambulance :oops::cringe:)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No real brushes with the law, but I had a few talking-to's by law enforcement in my glory days for being full of you know what a vinegar. :crazy: Blaming the guy that ran off 10 minutes ago doesn't work.
We never stole anything, hurt anybody, raped anybody or mugged anybody but we were pranksters and liked to keep things lively. The law was much more lax in those days.

Now, if you want to hear about how many times I've been in trouble with my wife...:flail:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever had run ins with the law. The nearest I can get is when I got hit by a cab (totally my own fault), and the police had to take a statement :paperbag:

(I should add that I was perfectly ok - just one fractured toe and a trashed ankle boot where the wheel got me;) I was more embarrassed than anything....especially as I happened to be just in front of the gates of the pedestrian hospital entrance, but they insisted on taking me round to the ER entrance by ambulance :oops::cringe:)
Ouch!!
I got my foot messed up by a friend driving a dually because I was being stupid and thought I could do a cowboy style leap into the moving bed (FYI, I can't), slipped, and am lucky I didn't get my leg taken off. Thank God the guy was going like 3 mph pulling out of the field...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 5 speeding tickets within 2 years. My insurance rates were astronomical. Other than that, I haven't done anything else bad except I drank when I was 18 and again when I was 20, but pretty much everyone does that. I'm pretty boring.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was very young, I met a guy where we used to camp. He and I used to call each other and we'd charge it to somebody else's phone number. We just made the numbers up (this was when back when you made a long distance phone call, the operator would ask you for your number). And we'd talk for hours. Well, he got in trouble for it....so he ratted me out, too. We had to pay the phone bill and I wasn't allowed to use the phone for six months.

I remember Mom coming home from work and I said, "Mom, I need to talk to you." Her face went white and she sank into a kitchen chair. I told her what I had done and she was so relieved that I wasn't pregnant that she and Dad just paid the bill and that was that.

Fast-forward three years and we were having the pregnancy conversation anyway.