Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Saturday 20th April.

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Norachan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Norachan

Norachan Thread Starter Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    :hellocomputer:Hello!

What kind of clothing do you really dislike?

I hate denim jeans, I just don't see the point in them. They never fit right. I'm a classic Latino shape, so jeans are always OK around the legs, a bit too tight around the hips and top of the thighs and enormous around the waist. I guess if I could afford to pay for imported jeans made in South America I might get some to fit, but buying jeans in Asia? Forget it.

They're really impractical too. They're uncomfortable to sit down in for any length of time. Too hot in the summer, not warm enough in the winter, if they get wet they stay wet for ages. They're too stiff for doing yoga or horse riding in, but not tough enough for other outdoor stuff. The one pair I had that kind of fit ended up with big holes on the inner thigh from riding my bike around in them.

Why do people bother with jeans?

:gaah:

How about you, any clothing you really hate?

maggiedemi purraised this.

2. MonaLyssa33

MonaLyssa33 TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 10, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I have sensory issues with certain textures and the tightness of clothing too. So most unnatural fibers usually cause problems for me and wool and clothing that is tighter around the neck, wrists or ankles make me feel like I'm trapped.

Because I have issues with tightness, skinny jeans are a nightmare, although I've never actually tried them. I don't have issues with leggings though because they have more give than jeans.

maggiedemi, Mia6, Lari and 1 other person purraised this.

3. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    LOL, I love jeans. I agree it's not easy to get a good fit but when you find the right pair they are so comfortable. If they have a little spandex or other material that allows them to stretch they don't feel stiff either.

The type of clothing I like the least are sleeveless tops. I always feel like the arm holes are too big on me. :dunno:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    maggiedemi and muffy purraised this.

4. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    There really is no casual clothing that I absolutely won't wear. I don't like to get dressed up but I rarely have to.

I live in jeans. I get the kind that have a little stretch in them. They fit right and are comfortable.

maggiedemi, Mia6, neely and 1 other person purraised this.

5. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I hate dresses. I mostly wear jeans.

maggiedemi and neely purraised this.

6. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    :yeah:

7. margecat

margecat Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    I also hate jeans. I've never been comfortable in them for the same reasons. And I detest the ripped look. People look as if they've fought off a pack of wolves before they left the house. I've been wearing jeggings that resemble jeans.

I thought you were British? LOL!

8. Elphaba09

Elphaba09 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 6, 2018
    NE Ohio
    I love jeans when I can find ones that fit! I have lipedema, and, like anyone else suffering from lipedema, I have larger legs that are not shaped "normal" and wide hips. I have a small-ish waist compared to the rest of me. (There is about a 20" difference between my waist and my hips.) I am also only 5 ft with a 23" inseam.

I would like knee-length dresses, but I do not like my compression bandaging to show.

I hate sweatpants, certain fabrics (if the "catch" in my skin in any way, like microfiber), most socks, and anything that makes me feel trapped, this includes sports bras. And, I do not understand why anyone likes leggings.

9. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    I love jeans, too. I get the tapered leg ones with elastic waists, so they fit quite well. It took me a long time to find them. I suspect you, Norachan, could find some to fit in the States or on line. There is an incredible amount of different kinds of jeans available.

That said, I can't stand turtleneck sweaters. My neck is short and turtlenecks make me feel like I'm being strangled. I had a housekeeper long ago who called them "chokenecks," which was extremely accurate. I once tried one on that had been on a sale rack, and I couldn't get the darn thing over my head! A mock neck is all I can tolerate.

10. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    I live in jeans!

One thing I hate and will only wear under sheer clothing is a bra. They're just too uncomfortable.

micknsnicks2mom, muffy, maggiedemi and 2 others purraised this.

11. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I hate bras with a passion. Especially underwire ones. I also hate flip flops. I cannot handle anything between my toes.

muffy, maggiedemi, Mia6 and 1 other person purraised this.

12. Norachan

Norachan Thread Starter Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    I have Spanish ancestors. And Spanish hips. :sigh:

Yes! God, it makes my toes bleed just looking at those kind of sandals.

13. Boris Diamond

Boris Diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Crocs make my feet hurt! I do not wear them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cats don't like them either!

LTS3, Tobermorey, rubysmama and 4 others purraised this.

14. ashekitty

ashekitty If cats could talk, they wouldn’t. Adult Cat

Jan 18, 2017
    Northern California
    I don’t like shoes! Weird to say, but I almost only wear flip flops. I just shoes are uncomfortable. :dunno:

maggiedemi and Mia6 purraised this.

15. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    I can't stand dresses or bras, but even more than that is silk or satin. They may feel nice to the touch, but growing up in AZ, you learn to hate anything that doesn't breathe.
    Cotton is your friend.

16. mama africa

mama africa TCS Member Top Cat

May 9, 2016
    headwear (never), skirts, dresses, leggings, sweat pants, socks (I have to wear them, to prevent blisters)

17. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    I don't like wearing anything but cotton because having RSD makes me sweat more than the average person and poly, etc more sweating. I don't wear jeans because the fabric hurts my skin, also because of RSD and I haven't worn a bra since the shoulder surgery that caused my probs because its too painful.
    What I truly dislike is cheap, shiny clothing but thanks to my niece and her hand-me down old cotton stuff from Old Navy I can get by.

neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

18. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I don't care for the ripped up jeans either, I don't get it. I am 63 though so I am well past 'getting' the latest trends.

19. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    While I love jeans, I love basic jeans. No holes, no tears, no spandex, no bling. Just a plain pair of blue jeans.

It's really hard to find a pair of jeans for women/misses/juniors/whatever that doesn't have spandex. I hate spandex. For years I wore men's Wrangler's or Maverick jeans. Best fit ever.

20. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    Buttons. Never liked them (that's my sensory thing, I guess), especially on shirts. I won't wear button down shirts or polos ever, and when I was wedding dress shopping I told my consultant that a corset back was preferable, zippers were okay, but buttons were right out even if it cut down on my selection because I know I wouldn't feel beautiful.

I've worn flip flops - I tend to prefer my sandals have a back strap on them so my feet feel more secure.