Question of The Day. Saturday 18th of July.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good Morning.

If I was going to visit your neck of the woods when would be the best time to come? And when would be the worst?

The best time to visit Japan is supposed to be in the spring, but I don't think so. The cherry blossom are out then, but everywhere is so crowded! It's also a bit too chilly to really enjoy being outside and if you have allergies it's the worst time to be here. The cedar and cypress pollen can make life really uncomfortable.

Personally I like winter because the snowscapes are so dramatic, but not everyone likes the cold. Autumn is beautiful. Not too hot, not too cold, lots of crisp, clear days and pretty colours.

The worst time to come here is right now. We're in the middle of the monsoon. It's been raining non stop for the past month and everything is really damp and icky. Hopefully there is only another week or so of rain left, then we can get on with summer.

:crossfingers:

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
October would be the best. Beautiful leaves changing colors and apple season. Not too hot or too cold.
The worst is either February with bitter cold and snow or August’s hot, humid weather.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
The best time to come would be the one or two week stretch in January or February where the weather actually gets kind of cold and the humidity is low. I treasure those time- it makes for good evening walks.

The worst time would be May (tornado season) or late summer/early fall (peak of hurricane season) because it's so unpredictable, but also because it's hot and humid constantly. We've been here since 2017 and have had a significant weather event (Irma and Michael) every year except last year, and I'm anticipating 2020's hurricane season to be a doozy.

Can you tell I just want to move to a place with real seasons already??! :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Second or third week of October when the leaves are turning and we have the most sun of the year
The worst would be now, in the 90s and humid.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah you wouldn't want to come now. Heat index of 110+ today! Winter is also pretty bad. Spring is usually a mudhole. So autumn is your best bet. Late September-early October would be best, I think.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess it would depend on if you like cold or hot weather. If you like colder weather and winter outdoor activities, I would say end of January into February. February is usually when the bitter cold starts, but by end of January there is enough snow and thick ice to enjoy winter things outside. For hot weather, I personally like August, the bugs (mosquitoes and black flies) are mostly gone by then, or at least not as bad and the weather is a bit more consistent as it's still hot during the day but the nights do start to cool so it gives a nice reprieve.
The thing is, we don't have devastating weather like hurricanes, nor do we have monsoons or specific extreme weather seasons other than our winters can be really harsh. And we rarely get tornadoes...but there is always something you need to "sacrifice" from your "perfect weather" list.
January is colder, with some freezing or warmer days, but can still be damp and were still getting snow storms.
February is freezing but drier
March is just messy and unpredictable
April is all over the place
May into June you get eaten alive by black flies and there are times when we still have snow on the ground in early May
June into July it's the mosquitoes and usually humid
August is hot but can still be humid even if the nights get cool
September (early) can be nice but it's inconsistent and our winters can start early
October is usually cold and wet, and the light snow starts
November is a mix of snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet and all around messy
December isn't too bad but we start getting hit by the bigger snow storms and it's usually damp/cold weather

So yeah...take your pick!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
October would be the best. Beautiful leaves changing colors and apple season. Not too hot or too cold. The worst is either February with bitter cold and snow or August’s hot, humid weather.
:yeah: Ditto! October and Halloween go hand in hand. 🎃 Everything pumpkin, apple picking and the scent of fireplaces. The air is crisp and cool, perfect for long walks. Mid-summer is the pits from July through August, i.e. heat and humidity.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd day September or October. The weather is much more tolerable, the leaves are changing into beautiful colors, and it's just an all around great time in Minnesota. The worst time would be about now. The humidity s atrocious and unbearable.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
October - Beautiful weather, full of lush rich colours in the trees and nature, Thanksgiving and Halloween culture, activities and food.
May and June - Beautiful greenery and flowers everywhere, baby animals, no bugs so hiking is a dream, start of outdoor sports and local tours, nice weather too since it is really sunny but not quite too hot yet wither.

If people love winter activities of course, from snowmobiling, skiing/snowboarding, hockey, ice skating, ice fishing, maple syrup taffy, sledding etc (And being Canada and all!) then Jan and Feb for sure.

Worst would be November and March. November is very grey, chilly and rainy with all the pretty fall colours gone. The in between of autumn loveliness and winter snow. March is wet/soggy with the melting of snow and everything is brown. Sometimes the odd last minute surprise snow storm shows up too. The in between of the end of snow and not quite there yet with the growth of spring.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
October is best for Minnesota. Usually cool and crisp with good tree changing colors to see and minimal chance of snow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think mid to late September. The temperatures can still be warm (even hot sometimes) but the regular summer crowd is gone so you can enjoy a lot of the nature without crowds. Early May is nice too though.

The worst is probably...now. :lol: It's hot. It's humid. The summer people are here. :popworm: I don't even go anywhere this time of year. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here, the best time would be from mid-September to early October- the weather is nicer, with cooler temps and lower humidity and fewer bugs. The worst is any time from mid-November until May, because the weather, while not uniformly atrocious, is unpredictable enough that you can't plan ahead.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably late April - July. Lots of flowers blooming (gorgeous cherry blossom trees in spring!) and more pleasant weather. We do get some showers in April and May, but generally around this time of year it starts warming up. May is my favourite; we have a lot of rhododendron trees and bushes in the public gardens here and everywhere looks so colourful.

I live in the suburbs of London but in the city centre, I'd say any time of year is good to visit because there's lots of indoor and outdoor attractions in non-COVID times. My local part of London relies more on outdoor attractions, so we have to rely on the seasonal weather and vegetation more.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Autumn.. the summer heat and humidity is over, but everything is lush. It's a wonderful time to go to the beach..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The weather in Germany is usually best from mid-September to late October, and since school is back in session that time of year, there's less vacation traffic. Severe storms/hurricanes are a bit later in the year (November and December).

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The best time to visit the village where I live would be in the summer (assuming we’re not under lockdown of course...) The weather is usually warm and the street fair is enough to keep people entertained for a few hours.
The worst time is during Gold Cup week in March. It just brings swathes of the worst kind of people and I usually leave the country or barricade myself in at home.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
End of September to the middle of October or so because that's when the autumn leaves are at their best.

Don't come in July or August; it's simply way too hot and humid.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winter. November/December-early March. It's great. Not hot, not cold, low humidity and NO SNOW!!!! :clap2:

Don't come in the summer. April-November. It's viciously hot and humid and it rains almost every day. Does the rain cool things off? Nope. It just makes it even more humid. You will never see a local at a FL theme park in the summer unless they are dragged there kicking and screaming by a visiting relative who doesn't know better. :lol::sweat: