Question Of The Day, Saturday 17th Of August.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last movie I saw in a theater was La La Land on February 5, 2017. I remember the date because it was Superbowl Sunday and it was the day before I had to go on a medically-required 2-week liquid diet before bariatric surgery on the 20th.
I don't have a television service so I never know what movies are playing because I never see trailers. I don't know when or what the next movie I will see in the theaters. I should go some time by myself.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no plans to see anything. If another Star Wars movie comes out I'll go but otherwise I have no idea what is playing. I do have a tv but I don't watch it. I find that my tastes are changing so I don't even know what I like anymore. A lot of films that come out just sound stupid or depressing.

We have a nice theatre nearby that has a full menu and bar. It's not a bad treat to go for a midnight showing. No crowds, comfy seats and nibbles and drinks. Since I only see a movie once every 2 or 3 years it's ok to splurge if there is something I really want to see in theatres.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I go occasionally, usually to more 'arthouse' theatres. The last time I went to one of the big ones, I caught a really nasty lurghy :ohwell:

I do think there's something really nice about getting together with a group of people to watch a movie, but the big movies houses are huge, impersonal and completely characterless.

Who remembers the old drive-in movies? Maybe some places still have them? When I lived on a tropical island in North Queensland we used to have a 'lie in' movie theatre where you brought something to lie on, and cushions (didn't need blankets!). It was a community affair - different groups would take turns to provide a food/drink stall. We're certainly not talking blockbuster movies here, but it had a fabulous vibe.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still go to the cinema and have been going more often lately. I went through a period of not going at all, but now there are more good films out I'm starting to go to my local cinema more often. I last went a couple of weeks ago.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Every once in a while a movie I like comes along. But I wait to see them at home. I haven't been in a movie theater since 1985. I don't like modern cinematography. Shaky cam, blindingly bright lights when someone looks out a window, so many extreme close-ups and other things make me feel like I am being assaulted when I'm in a movie theater! :p

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been since one of the Star Wars movies (not my choice), since i've seen a movie in a movie theater.

i'm really not interested in going to a movie theater again, for all the reasons others have posted......and the sticky floors, too.