Question of The Day. Saturday 17th of April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello. :hellocomputer:A question for all of you who love to cook today.

What is your favourite herb or spice?

I think I'd have to go with basil as my favourite herb, it makes even plain old cheese on toast taste like you did something special. Cardamom is my favourite spice, the smell reminds me of traveling through Asia.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure if coffee is considered a spice so I looked it up and, yes, coffee is a spice. 👍 I also love ceylon cinnamon.
Coffee is a spice? Then put me down for that, too!

Otherwise, I have a hard time picking. Garlic, if that's acceptable (not sure if it really qualifies). Otherwise, nutmeg.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't sure if coffee is considered a spice so I looked it up and, yes, coffee is a spice. 👍 I also love ceylon cinnamon.
It is also the best cinnamon to take to regulate your blood sugar. The other cinnamon is Cassia and that is used mostly for it's flavor (it has some benefit, but Ceylon is best). Not a diabetic, but a sugar junkie and I use Ceylon cinnamon on those bad days. Hopefully, I can kick the sugar addiction soon.🙂

Last edited:

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such a tough question! I would say rosemary (especially when mixed with garlic) is my favorite, but basil isn't too far behind.

Right now I'm on a big black salt kick. It's pink Himalayan salt that has been cooked over a furnace which not only makes it high in iron, but adds sulfur giving it an eggy taste. Sadly, this means it smells like farts every time you use it, but I've gotten addicted to the taste. I think in India it's referred to as kala namak.