Question Of The Day. Saturday 16th Of September.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

It's a three day weekend in Japan and, as anyone might have guessed, it's cold, wet, windy and being battered by a typhoon.

:hmmm:

We always seem to get bad weather whenever there is a holiday.

Today's question;

How is the weather where you live this weekend?

I'm sure it can't be any worse than where I am.

:wink:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - please keep all those beautiful kitties safe from Doksuri; I hope that everyone's inside!

Brilliant late Summer day here on the south shore of Lake Ontario, with the high temperature just touching 80ºF or 27ºC, and with the ten day forecast calling for more of the same. Looks like Summer is starting - just in time for Summer to end.

;)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was 83 F today and supposed to be 60 tonight. It was sunny all day. The temps are supposed to be the same for the next week. We are supposed to get rain on Tuesday. The 80's don't feel the same in September as they do during the summer because of the lower humidity, I love Fall weather.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stay safe.

It was perfect picnic weather here. Warm but not too warm with a nice breeze. Which meams we will probably have a heat wave again tomorrow.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of cold. Around 55 degrees I think. It should be 70 degrees this time of year. I had a jacket on, but also capris and sandals, lol. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Then the cold front will have passed through and we should be back up to 70s next week.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hot here, in the 80s F. It's 71 F right now, just an hour to midnight. It's supposed to rain all next week, which we desperately need, but it's only in the 20 to 40% range, so I don't expect much. Our grass has all turned brown, and I fear for the shrubbery over the winter when it's dry like this in the fall. But the summery weather has been wonderful for the people who like to be outside.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's gotten cold enough here to turn the heat on - below 10°C at night and around 15°C during the day (59°F).

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep safe over there.
Yesterday was a strange day weatherwise. It rained overnight Friday, early morning was overcast then really warm and sunny and just when I started to do some work outside, it poured down. That was the pattern for the whole day so had no choice but to sit in the conservatory and read all day. Such a shame.. It's 7.38am here and at the moment it's cool but the sun is out.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A mix of sunshine and heavy rain here. Like jcat jcat , it's just got cold enough here to turn the heating on too (and least, as far as dad and I are concerned. Mum's going round complaining that the house is too hot now :rolleyes:).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

It's a three day weekend in Japan and, as anyone might have guessed, it's cold, wet, windy and being battered by a typhoon.

:hmmm:

We always seem to get bad weather whenever there is a holiday.

Today's question;

How is the weather where you live this weekend?

I'm sure it can't be any worse than where I am.

:wink:
Here's hoping that you, Mr Husband and the kitties all stay safe! :vibes::vibes:

I'm in south Florida. We have power and my house survived Irma (that nasty :censored:). It's September in Florida. It's still full summer here. It's hot and humid. :dunno:

Give the kitties some kisses for me. I hope all of you are well. :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's hoping that you, Mr Husband and the kitties all stay safe! :vibes::vibes:

I'm in south Florida. We have power and my house survived Irma (that nasty :censored:). It's September in Florida. It's still full summer here. It's hot and humid. :dunno:

Give the kitties some kisses for me. I hope all of you are well. :hugs:
i'm so glad to hear that you, your DD, Lilith, Sophie, Henry, and Bailey are fine!! and that your house survived Irma too!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry Norachan Norachan . Be safe!

We are back into the 80's. Lovely weather for getting things done outside. We had a chance of showers yesterday, but other than a few spritzes, nothing really materialized. There's a 50% chance of rain (down from the original 80%) today, which will be showers and t-storms. It's so nice for mid-September. Shorts and t-shirt weather for a while again.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
was soupy last night-62. kept ac on all night. Heavy dense fog this morning-soupy day again mid 70s. Yesterday it was cloudy but only spot showers. I think today the same.

I am glad you are ok Kat0121 Kat0121 and yes Irma was nasty. I followed on a facebook live video of some guy named Nate that lives in Key West-he posted yesterday that things are miserable down there- limited power, limited services, hot and food rationing. I truly hope people better prepare next time-and unfortunately we will see more not leave since a big crowd is starting to raise holy hell because they can't get back in. Just a miserable situation all around for all involved.

Norachan Norachan I hope you will be ok with the kitties..do you guys loose power a lot? I always try to have extra buckets of water to use for sanitation issues or at least make a compost bucket for it-I am NOT looking forward to extended power outages like we had in the 1990s with that horrible ice storm-we had no power for 2 weeks. It Was MISERABLE. No toilets, no running water=camping in your own home. I really don't take my power for granted anymore.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the 80's here and humid but it was not too bad. I've had my AC on almost all week. It is suppose to rain today. I like rainy days as long as I don't have to go out.

Muffy