Question of The Day. Saturday 16th of January

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I refuse to wear makeup. I don't exist to be eye candy and I hate how it feels.
I used to wear tons of makeup when I was anorexic, because it gave me terrible sores on my face. But now that I eat, the sores are all gone, so I don't wear makeup anymore. It's such a relief not to wear that spackle. I used to really spackle it on thick, where people would comment.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've never been able to wear foundation. It feels like dried mud on my face and I can't think of anything other than getting it off as soon as possible. Mascara and lipstick too. I can stand a slight amount of eye shadow, liner, and blush, and used to wear a bit for special occasions, but I don't anymore. I suppose if there was a really special occasion I might give in though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What takes me the most time in the morning is making breakfast and enjoying my coffee while watching the news. (I only watch it once a day, that's enough for me.) That alone puts me behind at least 45 minutes. When I go to the gym I can be out quicker since I have a set routine. I don't wear make-up anymore but miss a little sometimes. However, it comes off on my mask so why bother. :dunno: Occasionally I'll wear eye make-up just to remember what it was like pre-covid. :biggrin: I shower, wash/dry hair at night so that isn't a problem. If it's a gym day I shower when I get home. So in summary, probably about an hour before heading out the door.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I say a good hour. I take showers at night so it doesn't eat into my morning time. I feed the outdoor and indoor kitties upon waking up. I eat my breakfast and drink several cups of coffee or Green Tea. I watch the news for a while. Brush my teeth, comb my hair and put on some make up and get dressed. I will be adding stretchs or morning yoga to my routine, so that may add a half hour or so. Trying to turn over a new leaf.🙂

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Pre-retirement, I got up at 5:30 a.m. and left the house at 7 a.m. So...out of bed, into the shower, dried my hair, put on makeup (less and less each year), dressed, fed the cats and did cat-related chores (which included checking Max's blood glucose and giving him his insulin, then waiting to be sure he was okay), read the paper while eating breakfast, and left the house.

Now, I still get up at 5:30 a.m., relax with a cup of coffee in front of the fireplace for about 30 minutes, feed kitties and clean litter boxes (and sweep up the litter that floof toes have tracked everywhere), eat some fruit while waiting for the spouse to get through with his shower (he takes longer than I do), take my own shower, and then wait for spouse to finish his breakfast. We generally leave the house at about 7:45 a.m. to walk our three or so miles. Then it's back for our second cup of coffee. (No makeup has touched this face since the day I retired: Friday, Dec. 12, 2014. Ha. :banana1:)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My morning routine is all messed up at the moment because Blue has decided he is not going to use his litter tray for pooping anymore.
So now I am being woken up by this urgent yelling at the door around 5.30 am to go poop outside..let him out and go back to bed and a few minutes later he is back inside doing zoomies then jumps on my bed and crouches expectantly looking at my face. i might get another 1/2 hour in bed until his little Brrrs and maas get louder and louder and I give up and get his breakfast.
While he is stuffing his face I get a coffee, turn on the computer, get a few minutes peace and then its zoomies and game time for another 1/2 hour. When we both had enough its into the shower (he tries to get in too), grab a quick breakfast and out the door to work.
Thats the routine as of the last week, could change totally in another day soon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked I would get up at 4:00 am, fart around for 2 hours and leave at 6:00 am. I would take a shower, wash my hair and do cat stuff. I don't wear make up and I would eat breakfast when I got to work. When I retired I got up at 5:00 am, fed Tommy and the outside animals, washed up, got dressed, got something for breakfast and took it upstairs and get on my computer for about an hour. Then I would go back to bed and watch the news and talk shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
you ladies got it easy now since you only need to put half your face on now before leaving
Oh, I am going to wear a mask forever more! I need less sun block as well as less make-up. In fact I still have the shalwar kameez and hijab I bought while I was traveling through Islamic areas. I might start wearing that again.
Nope. you posted this Saturday morning here, so not early at all
I usually take advantage of the time difference and post my Saturday question on Sunday morning, thinking no one will ever know.

:wink:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have been working from home it doesn't take any time at all. Sometimes I stay in my pajamas until lunchtime then I take a shower and get dressed. That only takes about twenty minutes. When I was going into the office it took longer. I wash my hair every other day. On the mornings I wash my hair it would take close to an hour. If I didn't wash my hair probably 40 to 45 minutes. I did the hair products, blow dry and makeup every morning. I haven't blow dried my hair or wore makeup since this whole COVID thing started.
Ditto here. I like wearing makeup too. It makes me look 10 years younger. In fact, people are amazed when I have to tell them my age. But with Covid masks, I gave it up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes about half an hour before my brain joins my body being awake. DH has found me asleep in various places. 2 were in the bathroom. Standing at the foot of the bed was a frequent occurrence when I worked too...

So once my brain and body are both awake I can shower and be ready in 30-45 minutes or so. Less if I’m going with wet hair and no makeup. More if it needs blow drying from very wet and I’m going to wear makeup. If I’m just at home; 30 is probably adequate if it’s only me I’m dressing and I don’t get interrupted. I often wait for my hair to air dry a bit and go back to finish with the blow dryer. Sometimes everything gets broken up by kids needs and things.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I wake up at 5 am and takes about 30-40 minutes to feed the cats, wash their bowls, scoop the litterboxes, feed the budgies. Then another half hour in the shower, 10 mins to get dressed and put powder and light lipstick. Can't go out without any lipstick.