Question of The Day. Saturday 16th of January

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning! I'm kind of early with my QOTD this week, as it's still Saturday afternoon where I am.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

I'm actually pretty fast. I get up, have coffee, wash my face and do a neti pot (Which helps a lot in cold season and in pollen season) Then I throw on some clothes, brush my hair and use moisturizer or sun block, concealer, lip gloss and mascara. I can easily be done in about 30 minutes most days. If I have to actually leave the house I might put a bit more time and effort into choosing the right clothes and shoes, but that's kind of a rare event.

What takes the most time in the morning is feeding the cats, scooping the litter boxes, washing the dishes, refilling the water bowls and dealing with the hairballs and random acts of destruction that have occurred overnight. That can take up to an hour.

:runningcat::climbcat::dizzycat:

How long does it take you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I have been working from home it doesn't take any time at all. Sometimes I stay in my pajamas until lunchtime then I take a shower and get dressed. That only takes about twenty minutes. When I was going into the office it took longer. I wash my hair every other day. On the mornings I wash my hair it would take close to an hour. If I didn't wash my hair probably 40 to 45 minutes. I did the hair products, blow dry and makeup every morning. I haven't blow dried my hair or wore makeup since this whole COVID thing started.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up early on purpose to read and drink coffee for an hour. Then hair and makeup take about 30 minutes. if I go through that, I am ready to face whatever the day has to throw my way. I learned 50 years ago if you don't clean yourself up or tidy your house early in the day, hordes of company will show up unannounced!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it depends on what you include in getting ready. My whole routine can take several hours. I get up at 6am, make the coffee, feed the cats, eat breakfast, go on Facebook for an hour. At 7:30am I do my one hour workout. Then I scoop the litterboxes, make my bed. Then take a 20 minutes shower around 9am. Then do my beauty routine for about an hour and get dressed in my jeans. Then go on the computer and maybe do a little housework. Then lunch at 12pm and do the dishes.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we are speaking of just getting me going - about 5 minutes to dress, a couple to put my hair in a ponytail (First thing I am doing once I get the covid vaccination is to GET MY HAIR CUT!!!!). After that it is make coffee, take the dogs out, feed the cats and then I sit and drink my coffee and check out the computer. When hubby gets up it is his blood test, weight, blood pressure, medicine and breakfast. Then I start housework.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm up at 2am doing paid surveys and all (in bed way early) so that my day can be spent helping Mom and caring for the cats. But in general it takes me about an hour as I can't do anything without that first cup of coffee. That's with potty, getting dressed, getting food and water ready for the cats, coffee, and rebooting my router and modem, rebooting all my devices (lot of bandwidth daily from these surveys) and then sitting down to start earning money.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On days that I have to leave the house in the morning for work.....

Wake up
Feed cats
Grab my cup of coffee (I make and put on timer the night before)
Use bathroom and Shower
Get dressed - I wear the same thing everyday. We don't have an "official" uniform, we are simply asked to wear black top and black pants so it's easy to pick my clothes.
Do my hair (products/blow dry/style - nothing fancy (clip/braid/pony/bun), but I have to keep it out of the way/my face for work)
Brush teeth
Moisturize and make-up..which is simply a bit of concealer (under eyes) and powder - If I'm going somewhere nice I do put actual make-up on...but I don't wear any for work.
Fill my water bottle and get my "to-go" tea made
Say bye to the kitties....and hubby (he leaves later than me)
Grab my stuff and get out the door

All that usually takes about an hour...doing my hair is what takes up the most time...just blow-drying is 10-15 minutes.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Wake up
Bathroom
Wash face/SPF moisturizer/brush hair ( I don't do anything to it, lol)
Deodorant
Get dressed (we wear jeans and company t-shirts)
Drink coffee/maybe stretch a little
Brush teeth
Pack breakfast and grab lunchbox
Fill up my water bottle
Tell the cats (who are in the kitchen hoping I'll give treats) goodbye and to be a good girl and good boys
Off to work

I get up at 6 and am out the door by 6:40. My husband isn't even up when I leave...lol

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:you ladies got it easy now since you only need to put half your face on now before leaving
I hate makeup. It makes me break out and I forget I'm wearing it and wipe my eyes/face. The last time I wore makeup was to the job interview to the job I have now (a year ago) and it was mainly just some eye shadow and mascara with some touchup spots of concealer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ready? For what? To feed the cats?

Well, when I was working, I had to be at work at 8:00, so I got up at 5:00. Rick fed the cats and I hit the treadmill for one hour. Then, I'd grab a quick shower, wash and dry my hair, etc. I never wore a lot of make-up, so it was basically a good moisturizer on my face with body lotion on my arms, legs, etc. Pack a quick lunch (yogurt, apple) while making my coffee for work, and I was usually at work between 7 and 7:30.

Now? I stumble out the hallway with the girls at 6:00. Feed them, make coffee for Rick, and then for me. I do thoroughly wash my face and moisturize. (I take my showers at night to help me sleep.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm kind of early with my QOTD this week, as it's still Saturday afternoon where I am.
Nope. you posted this Saturday morning here, so not early at all. :)

Ready? For what? To feed the cats?
:yeah: I rarely go anywhere that I have to get out of sweats or even consider putting makeup on.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For all the years I worked I gave myself 45 minutes to shower, dry and style my hair, do my makeup, have a cup of coffee, check the morning news and feed the cat. A number of these had to happen at the same time to make it work.

Now that I am retired the morning routine is a couple hours long. Several cups of coffee, leisurely reading of the news on the IPad, USA Today crossword puzzle, and a few IPad games. Time is such a luxury, I really love it.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wake up
Bathroom activity
Wash up (Brush teeth, wash face, tone, moisturize, eye cream etc I do my other extra beauty routines at night, like masks, exfoliating and the like)
Feed kitties, check on equines.
Start the fireplace if it is winter time.
Eat breakfast, coffee, check my phone while chilling with the TV for a bit.
Get dressed. Style my hair whatever mood I'm in; down, cute updo, ponytail etc.
Makeup - Whether basic everyday or a little more for work. Sometimes I have a break day too and don't wear any if I am at home for instance. I like makeup, I wear it for myself.

So in total maybe around an hour. I don't like rushing so I'll get up earlier if I have a day shift (5:30 am). Other days I'm up around 8:30 or 9 am. In the past I was a big speeder - up at 6 am and out the door by 6:30 for example, during my teen and early 20's. Now I need to have a bit of a moment so I enjoy my current routine.

Add another 20 minutes if I am showering, blow drying and straightening my hair.