Question of The Day. Saturday 15th of February.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

Which do you prefer, tea or coffee?

I can't get through the morning without coffee, but I probably drink a lot more tea.

I usually start with coffee, then have English Breakfast tea, then try to stick to herbal teas in the afternoon, so I don't get too jittery. I sometimes treat myself to a cup of chai with honey after I come home from my walk in the afternoon too.

Which do you prefer?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If it's hot, definitely coffee.
If it's cold, definitely tea.

We drink a cup of coffee every morning; mine is always piping hot, but Rick's is always iced. His coffee is always heavily creamed and sugared, unless he's drinking the Donut Shoppe's Sweet and Creamy, which is sweet enough on its own. I drink my coffee black.
I make two quarts of very lightly sweetened iced tea (using tea bags) every week and throw it in the fridge. More in the summer.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably like tea more, but I drink more coffee, just because it's easier to find at restaurants, gas stations, etc.

I have a Costco-brand 5-hour energy type thing in the morning for my caffeine fix, so tea and coffee are just for the taste and maybe an afternoon boost. I like coffee with a LOT of cream and a fair amount of sugar. Tea, it depends what kind. I drink oolong and green tea unsweetened. I like English Breakfast and Earl Grey with cream and sugar like coffee (hot of course). Iced tea, sweetened but not TOO sweet. There are so many different kind of teas, you have to find what you like best with the kind you're drinking.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Tea, English Breakfast x2 in the morning, then if it's cold out I switch to an herbal.
In the afternoon I sometimes have another English Breakfast or Chai. I used to be
a coffee drinker but right after the surgery that caused the RSD, I was getting ready
to go to physical therapy. My coffee was pored, had just pot 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and
cream in it. Doc said I should take 2 pain meds before PT instead of one so it wouldn't
be as painful. I put them in my mouth, started to drink my coffee, then became very
nauseated, ate a few teaspoons of peanut butter and a drink of Coke. That did it for
for me. I turned to tea and have had coffee probably no more than 10 times since then.
I bought a little French press in case I want to try it again as I love the smell.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I have two cups of coffee in the morning, with almond milk. I usually take a cup of decaf herbal tea to bed with me at night to drink while I read. I generally don't drink coffee or tea during the day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love coffee. Hot or iced is good but I usually have it hot. I like it strong with half & half. I drink it at work too. On many mornings, I swing by Dunkin and get an XL dark roast. I leave the house at 530 so it's nice and quiet there still. I do like tea also but coffee is my go to unless I don't feel well. Then it's English breakfast tea hot with sugar and half & half. I do love iced tea too. I usually go for unsweetened because I don't need that much sugar but I do love the sweet tea from Popeye's. I tried to like chai but no.The cloves overpower everything else. Cloves and I do not get along.

I just bought my first Bunn coffeemaker and I love it. That's the brand many restaurants and coffee shops use. :cloud9:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink coffee in the morning, and tea, both hot and cold, the rest of the day. The cold tea is Crystal Light, so it doesn't have any caffeine in it. I drink Earl Grey or Chai in the afternoon if I need an energy boost.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I get up at 5:30 a.m. and head directly for the Keurig because it’s the fastest way to get my coffee fix. I add a splash of Half and Half, light the fireplace, and sip by fire light under the watchful gaze of three kitties. (They want their breakfast.)

Cup number two is at 10 a.m. after breakfast, exercising, and shower, and that one is made using a French press.

Right after lunch it’s hot tea with a bit of honey. I order the tea from a place in Kalamazoo, MI, called Chocolatea. We used to go there all the time when we lived in K and I’ve continued to use their tea even though I live clear across the country! ☕

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely coffee in the morning...1 tsp. sugar and hazelnut creamer...2 cups,and it's half decaf.But,I also love my hot tea....zhenas gypsy green and teavana peach are favorites.In the summer,we drink gallons of luzianne decaf ice tea with a wee bit of sugar and lemon.

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always have coffee, it's probably my main drink of choice. However, I do enjoy herbal teas a lot and every now and then I'll have some tea. Sure I drink other things, I drink a lot of water, I have chocolate milk and orange juice on hand at times and the rare soda (Root beer is just about it); but yep, coffee is crucial. It doesn't keep me awake or anything, but it mellows me. If I'm stressed about something, a cup of coffee somehow manages to calm me down a bit. Maybe that's because I'm willing my body and mind to relax as I sip on the coffee