Question Of The Day. Saturday 14th Of October.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no! Like Kat, I live where it's warm and don't need heat except for a few nights in January and February. It's still in the low nineties. In a few weeks it will be cool enough to sit on the patio... something I haven't done all summer. Sorry to rub it in. :devilish:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i haven't turned my heat (the furnace) on yet. i have used the wood stove as needed, maybe 5-7 times so far and just to take/keep the chill off the house -- so for short periods of time.

i prefer the temperature indoors in the 77-82 degrees F range, all year long. however, i'll use my wood burning stove to keep the temp in the 77-80 degrees range, and the furnace is only for when i'm sleeping or out of the house and it's set for 67 degrees F. i'm thinking of trying to turn the thermostat down a degree, to 66, and see how that goes. just turning it down that one degree will yield some savings on my heating bill, which motivates me to try it.

i do have all except one of my windows energy efficient now. there's been a very noticeable difference, both during the hot weather months and during the cold weather months.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our AC is still on here. I think I might be able to turn that off and have nothing on for the next few weeks if we are smart about opening and closing windows. It would be nice!

We have a heat pump I believe. And a wood stove; but we only use that on weekends when DH is home to handle it. In the winter we usually keep it around 71. I'd probably prefer 72 or so; but we used to keep it at 68. I'm home all the time and we keep bedroom doors closed when we sleep (allergies with the cats); so if we keep it any cooler it seems too cold in the bedrooms. My kids aren't babies anymore; but I still don't want them being cold at night.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh heck yes - I hate to be cold! I like it around 70 during the day and 65-68 at night. We just bought a new furnace last month. We also got the whole house dehumidifier (which we can already tell is keeping the basement drier than the normal one we used to have) and an electrostatic filter for my allergies (which I can tell is really helping). They told us that it's so efficient that running the fan 24/7 won't change our bill much - I hope they're right!