Question of The Day. Saturday 14th of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

What's your go-to colour when buying things for your home? Sheets, towels, blankets and things like that.

I avoid white and any light colours, like beige, cream of grey. They would not last long with all these cats, my clumsiness and the amount of red wine and coffee we drink.

Blues always look cold to me. My favourite colours are reds and purples. Most of my towels are those colours. Or they've ended up those colours because those are the shades I dye my hair.

Most of the bedding, sofa throws and cushion covers are brown. Japan tends to be quite conservative in home furnishings so, much as I'd love it to be sumptuous velvet in burgundy and rose, we've ended up with a lot of things in a dark chocolate brown.

What colours do you choose when buying things for your home?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a go-to color. It just kind of depends on what I like and what the color scheme is for the particular room. I do really love the color gray, but I've been trying to steer myself away from buying a lot of that color so I can have some variety in my life (I mainly buy it for my clothing though). My house is a lot of different (and vibrant) colors though. My bedroom is turquoise and my kitchen is a darker shade of kelly green, for example.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really depends on the options at the moment. I love purple; but they don't always have nice purples available. Our couches have all been in shades of brown and tan. I end up with blue bedding when I can't find a purple I like. Towels; those have been chocolate brown and off white because the other color options were not what I wanted. My kitchen towels are mostly green and white for the same reason.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning.

What's your go-to colour when buying things for your home? Sheets, towels, blankets and things like that.

I avoid white and any light colours, like beige, cream of grey. They would not last long with all these cats, my clumsiness and the amount of red wine and coffee we drink.

Blues always look cold to me. My favourite colours are reds and purples. Most of my towels are those colours. Or they've ended up those colours because those are the shades I dye my hair.

Most of the bedding, sofa throws and cushion covers are brown. Japan tends to be quite conservative in home furnishings so, much as I'd love it to be sumptuous velvet in burgundy and rose, we've ended up with a lot of things in a dark chocolate brown.

What colours do you choose when buying things for your home?
black , blue, purple and green

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like pinks, purples for bedding and throws. For my living room it's shades of beige and blues.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I am buying. For upholstered furniture I like dark greens, blues with a hint of bright color in it. For linens and towels, being frugal, I usually buy whatever is on sale. I mean who cares what color your sheets are because the bed is made or you are asleep, so who sees it?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lighter shades of gray, blue or green. I find they can be paired up with other colors if I choose and they're relaxing for me.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Navy and grey! Grey because it's neutral and hard to mismatch, navy because it's also neutral and I love it as a color. The previous homeowners had an eccentric taste in paint colors, and we haven't had the motivation/money to have the house repainted...so I've had to come up with interesting color schemes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't have a preference.I get my sheets on sale on QVC and what ever color they have the most of...blankets don't matter at all.