Question Of The Day. Saturday 11th Of August.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
(It's already Sunday morning here. :paperbag:)

I went to a party at a friend's house last night. They have a big outdoor deck on the third floor of their house, which is usually really comfortable in the evening. However it's so hot these days that even at 10 pm it was still 27C out there and the humidity is just icky!. Everyone sat around sweating, sipping cold drinks and wondering when this heat wave will end.

I'm really looking forward to autumn. What are you looking forward to doing this autumn?

I can't wait to start going on long walks again. I love walking, but not in these temperatures.

I'm looking forward to going shopping for new hiking boots too. My last boots gave out a few months ago, after many years of faithful service.

And I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy a cup of coffee and a snuggle with the cats without breaking out into a sweat.

:fallsmiley:

Come on autumn, we're ready for you now.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I’m with you Norachan: weather cool enough for Mouse to want to snuggle in. I live reasonably far north but a friend living just outside London phoned me at 10.30 in the morning last week and told me it was already 32 C there. Ugh! I’ve got a couple of weeks holiday from mid October so hopeful that’s perfect for Mouse snuggling.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't wait to start going on long walks again. I love walking, but not in these temperatures.
:yeah: Ditto, the humidity is so bad here it's stifling.

I heard pumpkin lattes will be available sooner than usual but sipping any warm coffee drink sounds good to me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I agree that summer has been too humid this year and we're both ready for a decrease in stickiness.

I'm looking forward to walking outside during lunch again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking forward to not being wet all the time and having the sweat drip into my eyes. The flowers are finally so thick and tall the weeds are minimal, or at least I can't see them, so now I concentrate on picking and canning all the produce from the garden. My tomatoes love the weather, they are 7 foot tall and loaded!

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Personally I'm not a big fan of autumn, other than that the trees look nice. Come September time the wasps are going crazy trying to sting, crane flies come out in force, and more spiders come in the house I'm terrified of all bugs and spiders :fear:
Where we are in the UK, the weather cools a little but it just rains more too, so it's wet and warm, its horrible. The only other thing is looking forward to Halloween, having young kids we enjoy a good Halloween party :hyper:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am looking forward to the simpler things.

The sounds of dried leaves crunching under your feet as you walk.
The ability to have windows open for fresh air.
and of course, Halloween!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking forward to cooler weather, too. I want to get out and work in the garden, which I couldn't do in the spring. Weeds have now taken over, and I'd like to get rid of them before next summer.

It will be nice to have the windows open. The cats will enjoy looking outside and smelling the different scents coming in. Mingo begs every evening for me to open the front door (screened with pet-proof mesh), and I can't when it's still hot at 8 p.m. The cats love to watch people and dogs on the sidewalk.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm looking forward to cooler temperatures, hot tea, the leaves changing color on the trees, kitties snuggling more with each other and me :redheartpump:. i'd normally say apple season except that with the extreme heat and mostly dry weather during their growing season......our apples are much smaller and will likely be less sweet this year. :ohwell:

i'm also very much looking forward to cooking and baking again, once it cools down a bit. :agree:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting my linguistics course at university in mid September, so I'm looking forward to that - but I'm also nervous!
I'm looking forward also into wearing winter jumpers again as well as drinking hot chocolate and the autumnal colours - and Halloween!
Here in England we also have a celebration on November 5 called Bonfire Night where there are many fireworks displays and, of course, bonfires. I always look forward to Bonfire Night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Ah, pish - what's so great about Autumn?
Everything! The colours look so nice there.

The only other thing is looking forward to Halloween
of course, Halloween!
Halloween!
Yes! I love Halloween. It's the one time of year my regular way of dressing doesn't look out of place.

Here in England we also have a celebration on November 5 called Bonfire Night where there are many fireworks displays and, of course, bonfires. I always look forward to Bonfire Night.
Bonfire night used to be so much fun when I was growing up in the UK. One year I went to a festival in a little village called Ottery St Mary, where they run through the streets with barrels of burning tar.

Utterly terrifying, but one of the most exciting bonfire nights I ever had.

:devilish:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like autumn the best because of the cooler weather. Also because the holidays are just around the corner.
This is why I don't like autumn. The colors are nice, but I am not a fan of cold weather which is around the color. And the holidays are so stressful.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is why I don't like autumn. The colors are nice, but I am not a fan of cold weather which is around the color. And the holidays are so stressful.
Agreed. Those "lovely colors" are also a real pain when they decide to hit the ground and need to be raked up. No thanks. :eviltongue: