Question Of The Day. Saturday 10th Of November.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my wife's words, clothes shopping with me is like dragging around an over tired toddler that hasn't slept in a week but has been given large amounts of cotton candy, coffee, and chocolate. :lol:
My wardrobe is a very simple thing. Jeans, boots, a shirt of some sort. I don't see the need to spend 7 hours shopping around for another thing that will get covered in dog, cat, and horse hair, and jeans that look crisp and new only to come home and be up to my knees in manure.
Strangely I don't mind food shopping (probably because I like food :biggrin:), and any farm/hardware store, once I go in, I don't come out for a few days. :cloud9:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My wardrobe is a very simple thing. Jeans, boots, a shirt of some sort. I don't see the need to spend 7 hours shopping around for another thing that will get covered in dog, cat, and horse hair, and jeans that look crisp and new only to come home and be up to my knees in manure. :cloud9:
Are you related to my husband? ;) The temps. dipped into the 20's today and he said he needed something warmer to wear so we went shopping. It didn't last long because he doesn't like to try clothes on so we stopped for coffee instead.:biggrin:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you related to my husband? ;) The temps. dipped into the 20's today and he said he needed something warmer to wear so we went shopping. It didn't last long because he doesn't like to try clothes on so we stopped for coffee instead.:biggrin:
We might be!
This morning the temp was 2 degrees (F) and the only coat I own has a busted zipper and needs to be either pulled over or stepped into. I got a very annoyed "WHY don't you just go buy a new coat?" My response, "because it's boring."
:crazy:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery shopping is a drag, so the only thing that makes it bearable or interesting is the staff that works at the store and how convenient/well-designed the grocery store is. At our local grocery store, the staff all know our names. :)

Put me by a used book store or an antique store, and you won't see me outside again for hours.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery shopping is a drag, so the only thing that makes it bearable or interesting is the staff that works at the store and how convenient/well-designed the grocery store is. At our local grocery store, the staff all know our names. :)

Put me by a used book store or an antique store, and you won't see me outside again for hours.
There used to be a really cool bookstore that went out (along with many other businesses, sadly.)
Family owned, operated, in one of those really O-L-D buildings. The place was always quiet, chill, and had a lot of spots to read books in big old over sized chairs so you could read a bit before you bought. Very reasonably priced, too.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes like to go shopping. I love going to thrift stores and other stores that have lots of odds and ends. One place I cannot shop at is Walmart for many political reasons. I tell people my dad would disown me if I ever shopped there (my dad is a huge union guy).

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes like to go shopping. I love going to thrift stores and other stores that have lots of odds and ends. One place I cannot shop at is Walmart for many political reasons. I tell people my dad would disown me if I ever shopped there (my dad is a huge union guy).
I been to Wal Mart a few times myself, but I don't like it.
Without writing a novel that will bore you all to tears I'll leave it at this.
When a cashier who is very nice and friendly makes comments to you about how bad the management is, and how bad the benefits are, and that the employees are treated like crap, you listen.
If you're in business, you get smart and listen and make sure your employees know they're appreciated. I don't get this "treat your employees like crap" when they're the face of the business and what people remember when they stop by. It blows my mind, but I'm still living in 1955 of course.

We got a nice little thrift shop that has a lot of odds and ends. I actually like shopping there and have once or twice made an excuse to make a trip into town just so I can see what they got. Sometimes the pickings are slim and sometimes you find yourself putting stuff on hold and running to the bank to grab some fast cash because you can't pass up what they have.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do kind of like shopping. It depends on the store. I like Target but despise Walmart. I avoid that place like the plague. I hardly ever go to the mall because they really don't have any good stores anymore. I do like Bath & Body Works but only shop there during the semi annual sales and even then I only shop online because it's a small store and is always really crowded during those sales. We don't have Costco, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. The closest ones (of all 3) are 60 miles from here one way. We do have a Sam's Club but IMO their deals aren't that great.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These days, my favorite shopping is grocery store/market shopping, but only after the crowds are gone, I love to go after 10pm.

I work in stores (two) all week long and have always worked in stores as a career since 1979, some in discount retailing and some for a major department store. I never thought I would say this, but I have spent so much time in stores, I try to avoid them now, it seems lately I rather purchase online if I need something. I used to love to browse in stores, but these days I'd rather be doing other things at home!:)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like shopping. I'm not a huge fan of crowds and I'll avoid things like Black Friday crazy crowds. But in general I do. My favorite stores are craft or home goods type stores. Then places like Kohls or Target. But I'll get lost in Walmart too. At least Walmart sure seems to suck up a lot of my time. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
doomsdave doomsdave Oh geez, I'm sorry about your friend's house. Thankfully she was able to save her cats. Bless you for taking them in.

We don't have a Costco, Trader Joe's, or Whole Foods closer than about 60 miles. We no longer have a JCP or a Sears. Or a BonTon. It's gotten downright ridiculous. People complain because we shop online. Well, what else are you supposed to do? Drive 60 miles to shop in a store?