Question of the Day - October 25, 2021

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We always had cats when we were kids at home, but I think we took them for granted. They were indoor/outdoor cats and showed up when they felt like it. There were a couple dogs. My sister had a hamster for a while. There was a bunny, too.

Rick and I have pretty much always had cats. We had an Alaskan Malamute that I adored. He was awesome. And, of course, The Beast lived with us for about five years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cats have a target on your dad-- that's why the keep coming to him.
My stepdad used to claim not to like cats because no cat was like the one he had as a teen… I’ve seen them napping together too many times to believe that! :lol: They converted him somewhere along the line. And he’s always shed tears along with the rest of us when they pass. He was with our dog at the end too.

He liked to give the cat who came with him when he married mom a hard time. She was kind of special sometimes (she would walk into walls head first to rub herself on them). Apparently she had one massive kitten the vet had to emergency deliver. And she’d forget to feed her own babies and let another mama cat feed hers. I’m not sure how he (the single dad who didn’t like cats) ended up caring for two pregnant cats with their litters but…;)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My own pets I had a Long Necked Tortoise, my cat Sooty, a Magpie that never bothered to fly, just wanted to walk around like a human and undo your showelaces, a Galah that talked, Tony a Budgie that talked and whos mortal enemy was a silver sugar bowl and Dandy a big spaniel dog of some sort. The family had cats the whole time I was growing up.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
My stepdad used to claim not to like cats because no cat was like the one he had as a teen… I’ve seen them napping together too many times to believe that! :lol: They converted him somewhere along the line. And he’s always shed tears along with the rest of us when they pass. He was with our dog at the end too.

He liked to give the cat who came with him when he married mom a hard time. She was kind of special sometimes (she would walk into walls head first to rub herself on them). Apparently she had one massive kitten the vet had to emergency deliver. And she’d forget to feed her own babies and let another mama cat feed hers. I’m not sure how he (the single dad who didn’t like cats) ended up caring for two pregnant cats with their litters but…;)
Oh, she got him good by using the little ones to really win his heart over.

Resistence is futile. Also how could you say no to this precious face. :lol:

bc21d5a74c19b96f09b4df87e17337d9.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My father preferred dogs and my mother preferred cats but we ended up with two turtles and a few goldfish. I remember finding an injured rabbit on my way home from school and carried it in my arms. I asked my mom if we could help save him but unfortunately he didn't survive. :frown:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, she got him good by using the little ones to really win his heart over.

Resistence is futile. Also how could you say no to this precious face. :lol:

View attachment 399760
Exactly!! The giant kitten was an orange boy too. Tiger; the mom, was a cool cat and everyone loved her. My friends cousin (she was raised by her aunt who is a good family friend) still talks about her sometimes when I run into him. :lol: She was a polydactyl and every one of those I’ve met has been a character!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 3 dogs when i was a kid: 1 was rehomed to another family for reasons I did not know of. It made me so sad and asked my Dad to allow me to visit every weekend which we did, until the visits just stopped. Another 1 passed away early and the 3rd one was my soul animal - his name was Gray Boy. He stayed with the family for almost 15 years and died on my birthday. He just waited for me to wake up to say his final goodbye. Up to this day it still hurts me when I think of him and brings a lot of tears. Once in a while he still visits me in my dreams especially when I am not in my best days, probably to cheer me up.

We also had cats, 2 of them. One was hit by a car and died before my young eyes, and another one did not suddenly come home. It was why I refused to have a cat for a long time.

Then we also had parrots, and fishes and ducks, and horses. One time we had a foster monkey.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly!! The giant kitten was an orange boy too. Tiger; the mom, was a cool cat and everyone loved her. My friends cousin (she was raised by her aunt who is a good family friend) still talks about her sometimes when I run into him. :lol: She was a polydactyl and every one of those I’ve met has been a character!
Orange cats have great "purrsonalities". They are extremely charming. I heard it said of polydactals too. I love all cats, but the orange kitties are very special IMO. :redheartpump:

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One and a half cats. :lol: My parents adopted Flash a few years before I was born. She'd be 36 this year. After Flash passed away at age 14, a friend of my brother's lived with us for a while, and she brought her cat, too. Then I got Scratch after the friend and her cat (his name was Prince, and is still the only boy cat I've ever lived with) moved out.

One dog, a German shepherd/border collie cross that my brother adopted when I was about eight.

I had a hamster, and my brother had a gerbil and a guinea pig. My oldest brother had two rats. We had numerous fish too, including a goldfish who was at least 15 years old when he or she passed away just a few years ago.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Orange cats have great "purrsonalities". They are extremely charming. I heard it said of polydactals too. I love all cats, but the orange kitties are very special IMO. :redheartpump:
Yes! I don’t encourage picking a cat by coat pattern or color; but my son REALLY wants an orange kitten because he loves my mom’s cat. He is the sweetest baby! Who thinks hes a baby. :lol:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a cat called Fred, and fostered two baby kangaroos.
My brother had a corgi.
They were really 'family' animals, but we tended to claim them as ours. I rescued Fred from being drowned as a kitten, so he was always my boy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, orange cats are very special indeed!

When I was growing up we had 1 mixed breed, 1 Boxer, 3 Beagles, 1 Boston Terrer, 1 Poodle and 2 cats. An orange Manx my cousin gave me and a stray that showed up in our yard. We also had a duck, goldfish and some of those little green painted turtles that never1 lived very long.